DUMB FREIND LEFT MY WATER PUMP ON FOR 4 HOURS

onefastkawie

COMING BACK FROM GLAMIS 2 WEEKS A GO MY BUDDY NEEDED TO USE MY BATHROOM IN MY GEARBOX . AND HE LEFT MY WATER PUMP ON . THE FRESH WATER I HAD DRAINED 99 % FOR A LIGHTER LOAD ON THE WAY HOME . WHEN I GOT HOME I HEARD THE PUMP ON . I TURNED ON THE WATER AND SOEM CAME OUT . I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO MESS WITH IT BUT DO YOU THINK ANY HARM WAS DONE TO THE PUMP? NO FAUCETS WERE OPEN SO I DON THINK IT WAS RUNNING DRY . THANKS

I am not sure what kind of water pump you have on your trailer, but the one on my RV is on 24/7 even when it is in my driveway. I also have one on my trailer which I normally keep of to spare the battery since I dont normally have it plugged in at home.

Most water pumps that I have seen don't run unless the pressure drops and I think most of them are adjustable as well. When I first got my new trailer the water pump in it would chug away all the time when the switch was on but after adjusting it properly, the only time it can be heard is when the faucet is running. My motorhome pump works the same way. Pump only fires up when needed.

I am not sure what kind of water pump you have on your trailer, but the one on my RV is on 24/7 even when it is in my driveway. I also have one on my trailer which I normally keep of to spare the battery since I dont normally have it plugged in at home.

Most water pumps that I have seen don't run unless the pressure drops and I think most of them are adjustable as well. When I first got my new trailer the water pump in it would chug away all the time when the switch was on but after adjusting it properly, the only time it can be heard is when the faucet is running. My motorhome pump works the same way. Pump only fires up when needed.

Scott I think you overlooked the fact that his tank was empty. That was what he was worried about. the pump will run if there is no water since there is that pressure drop.

I had a "Dumb Friend" do the same thing a couple of trips ago......same situation, I had drained the tank.... I checked and it was ok, you will hopefully have the same luck!!

it worked fine thanks alot everyone . i guess now i just have to replace my freind lol

:ninja::watching:

Good luck getting a better one Dennis. :mic:

Don't forget the lesser of two evils, Dumb and Dumber. :drinkbeer:

Hey, "We're all human."

Well almost all, there are a few here on DDR that doesn't apply to. :bash:

:dance:

Glad the system is OK. :blury: