Grizzly 660 belt life

dunefreak

I have a Grizzly 660 with about almost 3000 miles on it. :laughing: It has been though a bunch with no signs of belt slippage. I was wondering if anyone out there has or has had a Grizzly 660 and had a belt break on them. How long did it go before it broke? I have heard the Polaris's have been known to go through belts way more often than the Yamahas. I'm glad I when with a Grizzly. :isbb::laughing: I almost wanna change it just as maintenace, but was curious on some other owners eaperience(s). :dope:

I know it's the same engine set up as the Rhino and I understand that at about 900 miles you need to look at changing it. Bryan lost one in Idaho last year and it was a pain in the rear getting the belt shreads out of the sheve. Took him a long time and a lot of cussin. I am going to get one for a spare just in case. I have noticed on other sites that the Yamaha belt lasts longer than the aftermarket heavy duty ones.

I know it's the same engine set up as the Rhino and I understand that at about 900 miles you need to look at changing it. Bryan lost one in Idaho last year and it was a pain in the rear getting the belt shreads out of the sheve. Took him a long time and a lot of cussin. I am going to get one for a spare just in case. I have noticed on other sites that the Yamaha belt lasts longer than the aftermarket heavy duty ones.

Yeah I have heard of other people's Rhino breaking them, but then again they weigh much more than the Grizz. I will probably just change it pretty soon anyways just for peice of mind.

Yup thats a aftermarket brand... I can find out what a OEM one would cost ya if you would like :D

Nah, I think I had Cole check a while back and it was like $120 or $150 or something like that with employee discount.

I'm gonna wait for now. There are some other things that came up recently that require more attention ($$). :driver: I'll let you know when the time comes. I appreciate it, bud. :idiot: