Anyone have hookup for Yamaha generator?

iweb

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

Post Title says GENERATOR and your Talking about INVERTERS... 2 diffrent things... WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!

I think an inverter is a type of generator, ISBB. Like my little Honda gen- I think they call it a 3000watt inverter or something like that. Bert just told me that an inverter gen is clean power for like laptops and stuff. :undecided:

IF you use a Power INverter it takes 12v and turns it into whatever wattage you want.. I have heard of regular power inverters in the size he is talking about and in that price range as well...

BUT his post makes no sense at all if you get what im sayin..

If you are confused why don't you go to the yamaha website and check it out then you would know the difference between generator and what they call an iverter, very simple. So the question is do you know of a hook up or are you just bitching about the difference between gen and inverter?

Wow guess I need to check with you before I post but wait a minute, doesn't the post ask for someone that has a hookup for Yamaha or does it ask the difference between generator and inverter? Must be slow at work for you.

Ya know I think he was trying to help you and clarify what you were looking for.....also he is part of the staff here meaning he cruises around and looks at posts, checking for anything out of the ordinary.

:smiley:

The Honda and Yamaha inverter type generators offer a clean sine wave.

Perfect for sat TV, computers,, Playstation/X box in the RV.

My friends routinely kill off their direct TV recievers with "Dirty power" construction type generators, and they sound like the hammers of hell when they run.

No BFD, but when ya have the "i" type Generator running and someone is in the RV restroom,, ya won't get a fuzzy static pic on the TV when they run the exhaust fan. My daughter and her friends are cramed in their getting dialed in for hours running the fan..

They are they quietest type too.

The 2400 watt model you mention is usually about $1100 most places.

So here's you get when you buy the " i" type generator:

More reliable, clean power to your sensitive elect toys and they'll last longer, run cooler and better,, even the TV benefits and gives a better pic, and the TV will last years longer.

"i" type generator is essential if you run sat computer internet service through your dish like my daughter does.

Quieter operation, usually under 52 DB.

Starting boost for the microwave, hot water heater (if elec) and the Air Conditioning.

You can "daisy chain" the generators together creating even more power potential.

They last longer.

Yamaha has the advantage over Honda that it has a hard start feature,, that cuts in the battery giving you a 10 second boost for times like when your RV's A/C kicks on and draws extra amps during the first few seconds starting.

Believe me,, a teriffic idea from Yamaha. Ya want it.

If you got the $$$ always buy the inverter type Generator.

You can tell them by the model number:

The Honda:

1000 i

2000 i

3000 i

4500 i (weighs as much as a Toyota)

and their new 7900 i (compact and really nice)

Yamaha lists theirs the same way,, with an "i" at the end of the model number.

I have the Honda 3000i on the back of my trailer and it is "Da finest Kine".

The Yamaha has the better features,, but wasn't available when I bought the Honda.

Reads like the price you found is about the best I've ever found.

It's all good with the inverter or "i" type generators.PC050060.sized.jpg

Edited by Dime Store Hood

Good info Dime Store Hood and TeeDuner, I was messing with ISBB so you don't need to stick up for him, he can do that very well. FYI I ordered the Yamaha 2400 INVERTER today but first called the local dealer and 2 in Vegas and none could come close to the price.

Good info Dime Store Hood and TeeDuner, I was messing with ISBB so you don't need to stick up for him, he can do that very well. FYI I ordered the Yamaha 2400 INVERTER today but first called the local dealer and 2 in Vegas and none could come close to the price.

I realize that the the "capping each other" is kept in good fun.

Vegas is one place I've found prices can really differ from dealer to dealer.

I think theirs a Yami dealer near The Big Dog Saloon that seems to give deals. ( on Sahara??)

They had Raptors for about a grand less than the other dealers when sales were hot.

Daughter & her girlfriends friends spend so much time in the RestRoom getting dialed in with the fan running it's nice the inverter types dont fuzz up the TV pic and make the sound buzz when we're watching the tube.

Edited by ISBB