Crazy JB Weld Stories and Confessions

Ross and Alice

This one weekend me and some buddies of mine were going to Fallbrook on a Friday night to go on a poker run the next morning.When we got just about to Temecula the shifter on one of the guys bikes fell off. OH SHIAT! We pulled in to a Pep Boys (I think or it might have been a Kragens anyway) and examined the shift shaft to find it was totally stripped. We went into the store, got some JB Weld, mixed it up and applied it liberally to the shifter. We went to dinner and when we were done we continued the weekend. The shifter is still working with the JB Weld on it and this happened 4 years ago. Every time I think of this ride it makes me happy and sad at the same time because it was the last time I got to ride with a very good friend of mine. He was like a brother to me and anyone that has met me knows how I feel about my brothers. My friend died the following Sunday night of an asthma attack with heart failure. " In memory of Larry Johnson"

Edited by Don29palms

My first buggy had a tranny leak when I got it. The leak was right by the drain hole. It was a VW tranny BTW..... :rockwoot: Anyway, I forgot about JB weld and didn't know what to do about it. A buddy reminded me of JB weld, so I mixed up a little bit, put it on there, and what do ya know............no more leak....................... :tres hermanos_rock_smiley: That tranny lasted me beating on it for another three years before I got my new car...............JB Weld Rocks!!!!!.............. :tres hermanos_rock_smiley: