dmv/ title ?

I was told at the dmv that they no longer title ohv's. So the AZ title I have from the previous owner is all the proof Ill ever have of ownership. Anyone title something recently?

In another thread"stolen" the police said it was a civil matter, and that she needed proof of ownership. She had no title, but that is what the dmv told me. If you buy used, all there is , is a bill of sale, no more titles. I argued with the person, and she checked with a super.

So, in the event that you buy used, anyone can take it and you have no proof that you bought it, or ever owned it.

Yep, when I went to pay sales tax and get a title they told me the same and btw Nevada DMV does not recognize a bill of sale, title only. If you buy a used and they bought it new they should have a title or MSO which is as good as a title.

Travis was telling me that NV is a no title state for OHV.

When I got the "new to me" 70 for free I called CA DMV to clear it with no problema...but when I called NV DMV they told me to call Metro to see if it's hot. :beercheers:

No more titles as of 2006. I think you can get a duplicate for one that is already titled if you lost it. Other than than a bill of sale or a certificate of origin is all youre gonna get. A release of lien from the financing bank is good to get if you are buying a used bike that was financed. That way you can ensure it was paid off by the previous owner.

Yea, so if your a thief, all you have to do , is find someone that bought used. They will have no proof of ownership. The thief cant even be arrested, or charged with a crime. All the police will do , is advise you to sue them civily, which you will still need evidence of ownership.

Its hard for me to believe this happened, seems like something california would do. On the upside, if soemone steeals your ohv, just steal it back.