BIG Problem with Ford F250 PSD

ash

So lately I have been having problems with my truck (2002 Ford F250 PSD 7.3L). I would be sitting at the stop light and it would just DIE. No electrical, just engine. I'd put it in neutral and it would fire right back up. So I posted on a diesel site and everyone on there said the same thing, "It's the Camshaft Position Sensor." So I did some research and sure enough, everything that was happening resembled this sensor going bad.

So I call Ford Country (BIG JOKE), just to get some input from them and costs. They basically wanted to charge me over $500.00 for the sensor and labor. Yeah right, that place, along with every other Ford dealer associated with them are professional rip-off's!!! I found this website http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/cps.html on http://forums.thedieselstop.com. The part was $15.29 (Ford Country was $125.00). And being the NON diesel mechanic I am, I needed a good one so I found a shop on Industrial (J & S Diesel). I took it down there this morning at 8:00am and had the diagnostics done and yep, the CPS went out, along with one battery being dead and the other showing 9volts. They had me back on the road before noon. So bottom line, the problem was pretty big and the fix was VERY easy. $15.29 for the part + $90.00 to install it. I can't say enough about the customer service at J & S. The guy who took care of me was James (owner).

So if you have a problem like the one I had on my truck and need a good shop to take care of it, I would highly recommend J & S (702) 736-8526 :old:

Ash...pick up a spare cps and throw it in your glove box....It's a 10 minute repair and can save your a$$. It did for me twice.

As a matter of fact, I did order 2 of them and the other one is in my glove box right now. Funny you say that. If it goes out again, I will do the repair myself.

So lately I have been having problems with my truck (2002 Ford F250 PSD 7.3L). I would be sitting at the stop light and it would just DIE. No electrical, just engine. I'd put it in neutral and it would fire right back up. So I posted on a diesel site and everyone on there said the same thing, "It's the Camshaft Position Sensor." So I did some research and sure enough, everything that was happening resembled this sensor going bad.

So I call Ford Country (BIG JOKE), just to get some input from them and costs. They basically wanted to charge me over $500.00 for the sensor and labor. Yeah right, that place, along with every other Ford dealer associated with them are professional rip-off's!!! I found this website http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/cps.html on http://forums.thedieselstop.com. The part was $15.29 (Ford Country was $125.00). And being the NON diesel mechanic I am, I needed a good one so I found a shop on Industrial (J & S Diesel). I took it down there this morning at 8:00am and had the diagnostics done and yep, the CPS went out, along with one battery being dead and the other showing 9volts. They had me back on the road before noon. So bottom line, the problem was pretty big and the fix was VERY easy. $15.29 for the part + $90.00 to install it. I can't say enough about the customer service at J & S. The guy who took care of me was James (owner).

So if you have a problem like the one I had on my truck and need a good shop to take care of it, I would highly recommend J & S (702) 736-8526 :banghead:

always very cool to hear about a bruva gettin one over on DA MAN!!!!

some dealerships suck azz in the humanity department