new 4 seat prototype hayabusa rail..

Yoshi

Mild steel, I did a lot of research on metals when I got started, and feel much more comfortable with mild. It has more give, doesn't need to be stress relieved after being welded (which chromo should to be done right, and really never is by people) and will last longer. Chromo is more for racers who are trying to be as light as humanly possible, and they are repairing or replacing their chassis ever season or 2 do to cracking. It may be stronger, but it's harder and vibration effects harder materials more than materials that have some give. Chromo actually has a shelf life, and i've talked to racers that had a chromo frame for a few seasons, that got into a wreck and had a tube literally explode, and not near a weld, but in the middle of the tube.

I feel more comfortable with mild steel, and the cage is braced very well, so even being a less hard material than chromo. My cage is well supported to hold up in a variety of possible accidents, better (IMO) than a lot of the full size rails, and that includes those made of chromo. I don't think chromo really has a place in a recreational market that will see years and years of abuse, and mild is more trouble free, and can be made just as safe. It's all in the design, then material choice.....

I AGREE WITH YA I would rather have mild especially around my body!!chromoly snaps (like you said) I have seen it many times Ive raced offroad for over 10 years and seen many that from just a roll over the tubing snap :icon_twisted: ...my trucks were all mild ...dom 120

Made some more progress on the front end, just a couple more tubes and it's done. People think it's a lot bigger than it is, so i'm posting a pic with me standing next to it for reference. I'm, 6'1" and 165 pounds...

post-423-1186611069_thumb.jpg

post-423-1186611109_thumb.jpg

post-423-1186611143_thumb.jpg

post-423-1186611181_thumb.jpg

post-423-1186611214_thumb.jpg

post-423-1186611257_thumb.jpg

Looks good I went to the show this past weekend in Ontario and a place called Federal sand rails has a car with the same seat lay out....

:laughing: Those are Yoshi's cars. :blah:

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...amp;#entry86869

Looking good Yoshi. :lol: I really like the design and the bracing looks strong.

Where and how are the front shocks going to be mounted?

:laughing: Those are Yoshi's cars. :blah:

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...amp;#entry86869

Looking good Yoshi. :lol: I really like the design and the bracing looks strong.

Where and how are the front shocks going to be mounted?

Thank ya much. The red tubes in the first picture are all parallel to each other. there is 13 degrees of rake in the front suspension, so the wheels cycle back perfectly inline with the upper red tubes. I designed the nose around the suspension rake.

The second pic is to give an idea of the placement for 2 shocks on each wheel....

post-423-1186629817_thumb.jpg

post-423-1186629855_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoshi