I need a good Rhino Doctor

ash

One of my Rhino's is acting up, not idleing, hard to start. I took it out this morning to run some race fuel/unleaded through it, but it still is acting up. It's also backfiring pretty bad when I decelerate. I don't want to take it to a Yamaha dealer for service, so if anyone knows of a good shop that works on Rhino's, let me know.

:lol: Talk to Matt at S&M motorsports Ash, he's a good guy and should be able to help you out.

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do, he still needs to install 2 other HID's on them. Just trying to get everything serviced and running good before the first trip out.

That would be the dragon fire cdi. Check your choke cable as mine was sticking for awhile and would back fire when I let off the gas and was pulled just a tad bit. Tony at Quad Mania is good for fixing problems.

Check out your fuel filter. My rhino started running like crap and non of the carb adj. were doing anything to help so i pulled the filter and let it drain and it was full of crap. Installed new filter and all better.

Edited by rednekoki

A word of advice cause I have seen it happen. The stock fuel system is vacumn operated. If for any reason it loses its seal it will start then quit and be very hard to start. Their is a line that runs off of the fuel tank over by the fuel pump and is held onto a T-fitting with a clamp, remove the clamp and pull the line off. Blow into the line and hold your finger over the tip of the line that goes into the roll cage for venting. This causes the system to repressurize. Tuff thing to do is get the line your blowing into back onto the t fitting without losing to much pressure. I have this fix work 3 times out in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah you have to have gas in the tank though! :worthless_without_pics:

A word of advice cause I have seen it happen. The stock fuel system is vacumn operated. If for any reason it loses its seal it will start then quit and be very hard to start. Their is a line that runs off of the fuel tank over by the fuel pump and is held onto a T-fitting with a clamp, remove the clamp and pull the line off. Blow into the line and hold your finger over the tip of the line that goes into the roll cage for venting. This causes the system to repressurize. Tuff thing to do is get the line your blowing into back onto the t fitting without losing to much pressure. I have this fix work 3 times out in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah you have to have gas in the tank though! :worthless_without_pics:

i'm gonna go try that right now because i haven't been able to run my rhino since the clean-up (it's started a couple times briefly) and i thought that i needed a new fuel pump, which i still may but i'll start here first. thanks.

i'm gonna go try that right now because i haven't been able to run my rhino since the clean-up (it's started a couple times briefly) and i thought that i needed a new fuel pump, which i still may but i'll start here first. thanks.

Try adjusting your valves !!! the intake valves always tighten up.. :beercheers: