I wanna to shout out thanks to the DDR peeps

I went to one of the recent meetings with the BLM and the Friends of DD.

Several of people off this board attended the meeting too.

It was so cool to see you guys turn out.

Your hearts really are in the right place.

Vickie and John need all the support we can all bring to their teriffic efforts.

In contrast:

A considerable amount people and families from the Havasu and Parker Earp and Needles/Blyth Colorado River area wanted to organize and attempt to re-open the Rice Valley Dunes on Rice rd.

We contact each other via the Boating related forums, and I also know them from the dunes too.

We had been using them with no idea they had been closed.

I was willing and able to make the effort to re-open them, but when it came right down to commiting to go to BLM meetings, I got no support from the the river folks at all.

ZERO.

I got some good guidance from some of the fine folks at the ASA in how to approach the effort. They were great.

But in dealing with the Rice Valley Dunes, I stand alone amongst the river people that mostly live in the area & use(d) the Rice Valley Dunes and wanted it re-opened. By myself that effort will be a lost, wasted effort.

So:

My point being that it was super excellent of you peeps to show up at the BLM and support the FoDD and Vicky and John, and not leave it for someone else like so many duners do.

Edited by Duneraider

I just wish they could schedule them at a better time as i know ALOT more of us would like to attend but are unable to due to work related issues. 1 quarterly meeting held on a saturday or something like that wouldnt be to bad and would result in a full house more than likely..

Vickie and John need all the support we can all bring to their teriffic efforts.

Duneraider, Thanks for the complements, but they need to be extended to Terry (ynot), Mike (wsky) and Rick. One of the reasons for the sucsess that we have had, has been the backing that we get from the users, without your suport we would not be as efective as we have been.

ISBB I will continue to push for a TRT meeting on a Sat.

:icon_twisted: :driver: B)

I went to one of the recent meetings with the BLM and the Friends of DD.

Several of people off this board attended the meeting too.

It was so cool to see you guys turn out.

Your hearts really are in the right place.

In contrast:

A considerable amount people and families from the Havasu and Parker Earp and Needles/Blyth Colorado River area wanted to organize and attempt to re-open the Rice Valley Dunes on Rice rd.

We contact each other via the Boating related forums, and I also know them from the dunes too.

We had been using them with no idea they had been closed.

I was willing and able to make the effort to re-open them, but when it came right down to commiting to go to BLM meetings, I got no support from the the river folks at all.

ZERO.

I got some good guidance from some of the fine folks at the ASA in how to approach the effort. They were great.

But in dealing with the Rice Valley Dunes, I stand alone amongst the river people that mostly live in the area & use(d) the Rice Valley Dunes and wanted it re-opened. By myself that effort will be a lost, wasted effort.

So:

My point being that it was super excellent of you peeps to show up at the BLM and support the FoDD and Vicky and John, and not leave it for someone else like so many duners do.

my question is this what are the steps they said to take to open closed areas such as kelso dunes ???

and has it or why has it not been attempted ???

Edited by barefoot bob

Bob, from what I understand the Kelso Dunes are on the Federal Registry and will Never be able to be reopened without a full blown act of Congress. In otherwords it would have to pass the house and senate to get re opened and then the countless law suits that the greenies would file plus having a president that would have the nads to sign it into law. If you take the amount of money aqnd lobbyist the greenies have in Washington I think you would have a better chance of pigs flying. Not that I wouldn't want it to happen but reality is what it is. :barf:

Bob, from what I understand the Kelso Dunes are on the Federal Registry and will Never be able to be reopened without a full blown act of Congress. In otherwords it would have to pass the house and senate to get re opened and then the countless law suits that the greenies would file plus having a president that would have the nads to sign it into law. If you take the amount of money aqnd lobbyist the greenies have in Washington I think you would have a better chance of pigs flying. Not that I wouldn't want it to happen but reality is what it is. :laughing:

YOU HAVNT SEEN ME CATCH AIR IN MY BUGGY !!!

The Kelso Dune system is part of the Mojave National Preserve so yeah, it would take an act of Congress to get it reopened to motorized use.

Impossible? Nothing is impossible. Unlikely, improbable and daunting... absolutely. But not impossible.

I wonder what it would take to change a National Preserve into a National Recreation Area. More time and money than most people have, I would imagine.

VW

In my opinion trying to get closed areas reopened is a nice dream but we have enough problems keeping what we have open. Everyday the eco-terrorists are trying to completely close all are recreation areas. Since they can't get them all closed all at once they get parts of areas closed a little bit at a time until they are completely closed. Just remember and old saying:

Most people worry about saving dollars.

Rich people worry about saving pennies because pennies turn into dollars.

Eco-terrorists take square feet which turns into square miles.

All I'm saying is before we try to get stuff reopened let's concentrate on saving the stuff that is still open from getting anymore closed.

Sorry for the rant.