Speed limit

I just pulled this off of the California OHV website

http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1234

SPEED, TURNING, RECKLESS DRIVING

You may not drive a motor vehicle in a manner that endangers the safety of other persons or their property (CVC 38305, 38314, 38316a, 38317).

PRIMA FACIE SPEED LIMIT

No motor vehicle shall exceed 15 mph within 50 feet of any campground, campsite, or concentration of people or animals (CVC 38310).

Some signage would help for those first-timers.

There ARE speed limit signs when you get to the top of the plateau. "Speed limit...15mph" :banghead:

Besides, it is just common courtesy to keep your speeds low while anywhere near camps for the safety of you the rider and those in camp.

I cant stand this..I had a problem with this group doing that around my camp, they were camped about 100 yards up the way. the son kept flyinjg by my camp with my daughter riding and it would scare me everytime thinking what if she over shot the camp track and this idiot kept coming about 5 feet from the riding circle we dug out in our camp and one section that wrapped around my trailer. This is the first time i dident run up there and belt the kid in the head, I asked his dad and he yelled at him because he apparentley told him this before. After that he would go about 2 MPH past us, dont know if he was ribbing us but who cares, he listned..lol

so many blind corners it's just stupid to speed thru the camps..

I have a 11 year old boy who hauls a$$ everywhere he goes and if he speeds around anybodys camp and i dont cantch him please make it a point to tell me cause ill tear him up because you have to respect others with small kids or just other camps period!!!! If people would take other people into consideration a little bit the world be a better place to live! The more people i meet the more i dont like people! HA! HA!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a different a$$ clown with a thumper, I was sleeping :laughoff: (AKA blacked out) at 3am. This weekend was my first time a Dumont. I didn't know about the speeding thing :thumb: , so I apologize if I did speed around.

My camp consisted of a black F150, XR400, Tent, Girlfriend, Dog, and a thirty pack. I new to Vegas, so I don't know many people. I was hoping someone would smell what I was cooking :flipoff: and come on over. But we just chilled. Good times.

Rob