DDR POTLUCK (DDR trip/ cleanup weekend)

dunefreak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok peeps. im taking requests for side dishes for cleanup weekend. i was thinking baked beans & maybe macaroni salad? i was going to make tater salad, but rcjunky wife is making that. thought be nice to have a good variety? let me know if anyone has any requests they want me to bring?

ok peeps. im taking requests for side dishes for cleanup weekend. i was thinking baked beans & maybe macaroni salad? i was going to make tater salad, but rcjunky wife is making that. thought be nice to have a good variety? let me know if anyone has any requests they want me to bring?

Mac salad and baked beans sounds good to me :D:slap:

yeah she said she would try it in the morning and see how it is with a trailer i know even a couple of beers would probably be ok but i have the 2 chitlins and always tell them about drinkin and drivin so when they are in the car i gotta be good. but we will see how she handles it in the morning

it only took me 20 min to get used to petes truck and trailer Granted its only a 16' flatbed but it was new to me.. ( his truck and trailer not towing.. I have been towing a trailer since i got my license.. )

it only took me 20 min to get used to petes truck and trailer Granted its only a 16' flatbed but it was new to me.. ( his truck and trailer not towing.. I have been towing a trailer since i got my license.. )

That might be an excpetion though, Nick. I think anyone could tow w/ that truck w/ their eyes closed. :mc_smiley: That thing almost drives itself. Towing w/ an SUV is a lil more difficult at times. I know from towing w/ my Tahoe.

I know from towing a 16' flatbed w/ my moms GMC Jimmy loaded w/ 3k lbs of bottles.. :D its not tooo horribly bad.. just gotta figure out where the motor makes the most power and get used to the way it reacts w/ a trailer attached to it... its something that 30-45 min of freeway and 30 min in a big open parking lot practicing turning around a point and backing up... then all will be good. :D

:mc_smiley: did he say backup, yeah right. be like my aunt who never backed up a suburban with a sea-do trailer my uncle said just do it and not only did she cave in 1 corner of the vehicle she caved in both corners

How big is the trailer... The further the distance from the hitch to the tires the EASIER it is to backup... HELL Even i have a hard time backing up a jetski trailer and i have been towing since i was 14..

the one i am supposed to borrow is a just a regular 16ft car trailer. i know its easy to back up. i have been looking to buy a 16 footer myself but they usually are gone right away if its in decent shape and price. i would like to find the full width version but not alot of those around. its a real pain to always lift and spin my yfz around at the end of a day

your lady shouldnt have a problem towing a 16' flatbed... just tell her look... you have a extra 16' behind you remember that.. take the turns a LITTLE wider and dont turn so quick and be smooth on the throttle and brakes and leave yourself plenty of room... she will be fine.. hell thats what i learned with and i learned towing it with a 83 ranger..

Kegs are a b*tch in the dunes... by the time you get it there its so shooken up you gotta let it sit for a day before you can get anything other than HEAD outta the damn thing... Trust me i have tried

Ok, heres what I picked up today to add to the Carne Asada masacre on Saturday! :laughing:

I have...

-1 large bag of shredded cheese

-1 large tub of sour cream

-16 oz guacamole

-1 normal size bottle of red taco sauce

-2 med sized bags of shredded lettuce

-50 burritos size tortillas

-some disposable tupperware tubs for meat, cheese, etc

-48 plastic spoons and forks

It's hard to judge how many people are gonna be grubbin, so lets just plan on alot. :dolphin:

If anyone thinks we need more of what I bought, please feel free to add to it.

We could probably use:

-some more shredded cheese, maybe just another big bag

-more taco/ hot sauce

-more shredded lettuce if anyone thinks 2 isn't enough

-some paper plates (I have a bunch but am not sure if it is quite enough)

-any more burrito ingredients such as refried beans, salsa, green sauce, etc.

So can anyone help out and bring some of that stuff I posted up 2 posts ago?

Also, if anyone can bring out some tables and 1 or 2 EZUP's that would help out a bunch. I figure we can put the grills and tables w/ food in the center of camp under some EZ ups, otherwise we can use my (or somebody's) awning.

I have a table and so does Steveo. We could probably use another 1 or 2 though.

ANYONE??? :unsure: