dumont trash concerns

if any of you are over @ glamisdunes.com, then I am sure you have seen this

hillshooters trash olds hill @ glamis

it seems that a crew of about 200+, along with light towers and a grader went to olds hill on the 18th, and left one helluva mess with their trash. This is the third year in a row that this has happened. :laughing:

These events, although not sanctioned by planetsand.com, where planned on the website by it's members,

does anyone here remember if there was a huge mess of trash left @ comp or banshee hill during the last banshee wars?

I also saw on PS website they are planning on going to Dumont for Banshee wars again in OCT some time...

what do you guys think?

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

Yeah I read about the trash left behind at the last event at Glamis. :laughing:

As of now I haven't heard or read about any future Banshee Wars events at Dumont. Where did you read that?

And for the record, Banshee Wars AND 4 stroke wars have picked up their trash at the last few events. It was an issue at previous events, but they have since been pretty good about it.

I think it bears watching very closely.

I don't believe that Planet Sand for one second sanctions the actions of the small percentage of people who trashed Glamis last weekend, but I also feel that while they are in the best position to help the situation, they seem powerless to do so.

This is the third trashing of Glamis (that we know of) that is centered around a "gathering" of people who just happen to frequent the Planet Sand website.

I don't particularly care who the litterbugs are associated with... all I care about is not allowing a fourth annual Glamis trashing to take place.

And I absolutely don't want to see Dumont treated with the same disrespect.

We've now had early warning that there is a potential for this kind of behavior. At the very least we need to be on our toes and perhaps get the BLM involved to help derail the disaster before it sets in.

Vicki

THird my a$$... it has been happening every summer for god only knows how long... I have gone out to a few of these events in glamis before i moved to vegas so thats over 4 years ago. I doubt its planet sand directly but that name seems to stick for some reason. These idiots need to get it thru the no helmet wearin tiny a$$ brains that they are ruining it for everyone when they do this. Organized event or not, glamis or dumont, doesnt matter as they will effect EVERYONE regardless of where they are riding

As of now I haven't heard or read about any future Banshee Wars events at Dumont. Where did you read that?

link to PS

there was a banner on the right side of the page earlier today....but, like the posts regarding glamis this last weekend....it fuggin disappeared too.

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

link to PS

there was a banner on the right side of the page earlier today....but, like the posts regarding glamis this last weekend....it fuggin disappeared too.

Planet Sand just clarifies that for liability purposes whenever there is any talk on their board about a possible future race that might happen.

This thread, http://www.planetsand.com/forums/ubbthread...ge/1#Post601637 , was the only talk I saw about BW and they were just asking if it was gonna happen. I talked to sean10 and I all I can say is that he won't be there, therefore I doubt any Banshee Wars will be taking take place. (He is the guy who puts it on.)

• 1 month later...

if any of you are over @ glamisdunes.com, then I am sure you have seen this

hillshooters trash olds hill @ glamis

it seems that a crew of about 200+, along with light towers and a grader went to olds hill on the 18th, and left one helluva mess with their trash. This is the third year in a row that this has happened. :DDRrocks:

These events, although not sanctioned by planetsand.com, where planned on the website by it's members,

does anyone here remember if there was a huge mess of trash left @ comp or banshee hill during the last banshee wars?

I also saw on PS website they are planning on going to Dumont for Banshee wars again in OCT some time...

what do you guys think?

I was just there for the kick off and Banshee hill was trashed. Some friends and i found and picked up what we could.. also found pallets full of nails we picked up.. :coocoo: boooooo