Duneraider Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 Curious of the ride quality and suspention travel. The print on the website is too small to read. Have they finally released it? Price? Does KTM still stand for Kill The Mechanic, or is their quality good? Or,, is it a Polaris in Home Depot Orange.? Quote
Richard Cheese Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 the guys that I know that ride orange bikes, love em to death. the polaris outlaw 525 does have the ktm motor in it BTW. havent heard much about the quad tho Quote
barefoot bob Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 be cautios the 525 ktm was getting spanked by the 450s and now that there in quads there has been a couple of right ups but they wernt all that positive as i recall Quote
offroadracer Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 It is a badass bike!!! I rode one a few times great bike, I prefer riding quads, but for a bike, my opinion, Thats the bike i'd have Quote
wingnut Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 I love KTM's. They are the easiest bikes to service and great quality. Parts are spendy when you need them though. Ask any KTM owner and I bet they swear by them. Now that their quads will be rolling out, I bet they will be more of the same with two more wheels...... Quote
barefoot bob Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 (edited) its still a polaris with a ktm motor in home depot orange i thought the ktoom was a badass bike till i saw 450 hondas destroy em at china wall it totally burst my bubble so i am BITTER !!! Edited August 27, 2007 by barefoot bob Quote
wingnut Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 I think he's talking about the actual KTM line Bob, not the Polaris/ktm powered quads http://www.ktmatv.com/ Quote
EY3BA11 Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 KTM isnt bad at all anymore.. They have come a long way since the beginning. I have had the pleasure of getting a broken down 525exc out of the big dunes in glamis and it wasnt fun whatsoever.. BUT that was 5 or so years ago. I know since then they have refined and parts are easier to get and what not... Not a bad choice... but a new WR450 would be more fun if you ask me. Quote
king_of_dunes Posted September 22, 2007 Posted September 22, 2007 Yea that ktm quad is pretty nice it rides great and seems pretty reliable. A buddy of mine went and got one and he crashed on it doin this huge jump. But anyways nothing that bad happened he had to get a new front bumper part. Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 22, 2007 Posted September 22, 2007 There were a couple of them at the sand show. I thought they were pretty cool. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.