What will win up comp. a stock yfz 450 or a jetted 500 polaris predator?

king_of_dunes

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy says that his yfz 450 will woop me up comp. or even banshee hill. but i say no. :driver:

What do you think. :ban-split:

Assuming your equal in weight and abilities your buddies YFZ should mop your predator.All he needs to do is pull the plug out of the silencer endcap and its over for ya even worse.But the yfz should be quite a bit faster anyway.

Well from my experience the only one between the two that has come close to my TRX was a YFZ. The two Polaris' that have run against my TRX were by far the slowest. The YFZ was bone stock and one of the Polaris' was piped with a K&N and jetted. My quad has the HRC cam K&N and a pipe. In my opinion the Polaris is just too big and heavy to be competitive on the hill.

my 660 raptor with pipe and jetting wups all over predators that have pipe and jetting . i can also beat ( barely) the trx 450 piped and jetted. and yes we switched riders. and results were the same. but the stock yamaha 450 is a bad mama jamma out of the box. and the trx stomped the pred like my rappy did. so i would say. 450 will win. the trx you have to put a slip on and jet before you can race a yamaha stock. if that tells you anything. but you can whip a stock trx with your pred.

Edited by barefoot bob

Yeah the trx bone stock was pretty choked down and the gearing was way too high, it had no bottom end whatsoever. Did the trx you raced have a cam? Mine hasn't been beaten by a raptor yet, even the 700.

Well then i guess it all comes down to who has more experince. :ban-split:

Well I hate to break it to you, but.... no matter what your experience or his I don't think your Polaris will ever beat a 450 straight up.

I have an 05 Predator and I've beat TRX's, YZF's, and Raptor's. My bike's been jetted, no air box, a different front sprocket, and pipes. I've been beat by YZF's before but it just depends on who gets through the whoops faster, or hits them right, can't say I've ever been beat by a Raptor though. :ban-split:

here the pred...

my ct racing raptor wants a piece of your predaturd :ban-split:

i have full pipe jetting and air box

ill race any predator with the same mods

and no the trx didnt have the cam.

i dont think i can hold up to a biult yfz but it does quite well with everything else and were doing a gearing change cause were to overdriven

Edited by barefoot bob

my ct racing raptor wants a piece of your predaturd :ban-split:

i have full pipe jetting and air box

ill race any predator with the same mods

and no the trx didnt have the cam.

tell you what....i will give you a head start

stock craptors don't have anything on a pred

and if your there that weekend i guess we have a date

tell you what....i will give you a head start

stock craptors don't have anything on a pred

and if your there that weekend i guess we have a date

then yours dosnt have the same mods as mine. cause i crush preds with the same mods.

not beat them crush them. stock predaturds dont stand a chance to a raptor.

so if yours is bolt on you gota date :ban-split:

this is the kit i have on mine

CT Racing Has been working very hard on the Yamaha Raptor. We're proud to announce our exhaust system has the largest Horse Power increase we've ever seen from bolt on kits. This kit consists of our CT Pipe and Disc type spark arrestor, Pro Design Pro Flow air filter kit and jet set. We picked up a minimum of 7 HP at 3000 RPM and 32 HP at 8500. This is a must have kit for the Raptor. Stock HP is just over 33 HP and were hitting almost 50 with this kit. We did our testing on a California model. The end result is the same 49 state models have slightly more HP stock (rumored to be around 37).

and this is there web adress

http://www.ctracing.com/raptor.htm

post-1340-1190511078_thumb.jpg

Edited by barefoot bob

my bike is a bolt on...pipe,filter,....the only difference is i

have a +4 swinger, ....cdi witch doesn't make any difference.

.......................................................................................

sin city your on too as long as we are compatible in mods

and if you have a that free cam mod...thats cool you'll need a

little more then that. :eatdrink021:

i will put some some money that my bike with the same mods will spank

i there the trx or the yfz.....remember the same mods

DunePred you bike does run well.Ive raced it quite a few times.Although when my bike was a bolt on it beat you pred pretty easy.Ill give it to you though it runs good for what it is.One of the better running Preds ive seen out there.A YFZ with a simple bolt on setup is really quick.Most other quads arent as easy to get that much out of right out the box.

Edited by Sand_YFZ

like i said the yammies are to dam fast. ive raced to bolt on preds and it was an easy a$$ wupin for my rappy. i was told the rev box gives the pred some more oomph. we will see. i usually dont jump into the yammy smak talk but preds and trxs im down !!! :eatdrink021:

like i said the yammies are to dam fast. ive raced to bolt on preds and it was an easy a$$ wupin for my rappy. i was told the rev box gives the pred some more oomph. we will see. i usually dont jump into the yammy smak talk but preds and trxs im down !!! :beercheers:

so its set we have a date....i hope your ready for a :driver: whooping ,lol

well just have to wait ,but in the mean while i :eatdrink021:

Edited by DuNePrEd

i remember her... wish we meet again ..lol

i messed with gearing different paddles changed

her quit a bit.

LMAO!!Ya you wont ever see that one again,its looooong gone.Sounds like you got the Pred running great.Looking forward to seeing it run again.