Roller Coaster Tour of 'Vegas last week.

Ross and Alice

Alice's parents are fossils living in 'Vegas, so we decided to visit them with the kids.

We' RV'd it to SamsTown RV Park,, and found it to be a pretty good place.

If we were without kids,,, NFW we'd RV it,, but with the kids it's a fun way to go.

RVPark.jpg

I got the kids up in the morning for a Hike to "Mystic Falls".

It's really just a cornball campy waterfall and lazer show in the Hotels lobby.

But to little eyes it was a BFD adventure, they loved it, even though the (mechanical) Waving bears duct tape was peeling off his pneumatic instrument oil soaked paw.

mystic_falls2.jpg

Indoors Mystic Falls has a lazer lite show several times each day & nite.

The bar facing the falls is a nice place for a drink.

We then did a roller coaster tour and rode everyone of them in 'Vegas.

The Desperado in Primm is still tops.

bb_desperado_photo.jpg

As we exited the freeway headed to Buffalo Bills to ride the rides,, a lady in a new Surburban full of teenage girls blew the signal in front of us going at least 50 and T boned another SUV.

Brutal impact, but check out this take:

Both vehicles drifted after impact, slammed into the side of the freeway overpass abuttment taking the traffic signal along in a 35 foot slide,, and the Suburbans no-less-than-9 airbags, maybe more, deployed, and uniquely, stayed deployed helping in the secondary impact.

Seems like everyone just got no more than their bells rung deluxe. I'd wager both cars totaled.

More coasters:

The Saharas coaster is a out-then-back-in-reverse set up and a good one.

http://www.saharavegas.com/thrills/multi_2_sm.html

Video of Saharas Coaster.

If you're a NASCAR fan,, the Nascar cafe there is a nice place to watch races.

Drink Specials,, nice crowd,, the food C quality.

I would wager much better places all over town to watch NASCAR,, but the Sahara had a nice set up too.

Heading outta town a huge,, massive procession of NASCAR big rigs were heading through town,, what a site to see.

Looked pretty cool.

New York New Yorks Coaster sux IMHO,, but the kids loved it.

Hot dog, chips and a soda at Nathans: $10 each.

NY NY's arcade is nice,, but we hit Gameworks across the street,, and the kids rated it superior.

They loved the Atmosphere, the timed play cards,, and the selection of games.

I suggest the Las Vegas Gameworks over all others.

$2 Coronas, $2 shots of Jack for me,, and the bar is nice, food OK.

Got absolutely hammered, Alice drove.

The rides at the top of the Stratosphere are more for the thrill of the height of the place,, than for the quality of the rides, absolutely teriffic though.

But to little eyes it was a BFD adventure, they loved it, even though the (mechanical) Waving bears duct tape was peeling off his pneumatic instrument oil soaked paw.

:laughoff::laughoff:

I was gonna ask if you hit the Big Shot (think that's the name of it) on top of the Stratosphere. Then I saw your last sentence. That ride's a trip right there. I have heard the new one also is to that dangles you from the edge of the 1100 something foot tall tower. :rockon::thumb:

Glad too see you had a good time with your family here in vegas.I've been noticing that Las Vegas is dumping the family friendly business philosophy with a more adult one.The places that you went to are some of the few that you can take your whole family to nowadays.Anyways great story. :slap: