iweb Posted March 8, 2006 Posted March 8, 2006 We are thinking of riding the Amargosa River quad trail at Dumont. Anyone been there, is it well marked, and any online maps showing the trail? Quote
ynot Posted March 9, 2006 Posted March 9, 2006 (edited) We are thinking of riding the Amargosa River quad trail at Dumont. Anyone been there, is it well marked, and any online maps showing the trail? That's called the Sperry Wash Trail. I must admit that I have not been on that trail as I do not take knobby tires with me to the dunes. That being said I know the jeep club and other volunteers put up markers a couple of years ago. I believe you can follow it all the way back to Tecopa. I do not know of a online map but you can try the Ca. Blm office web site. I found this info on it. Note it says the area is a nature area with no vehicles allowed. However the last map shows the Sperry Wash Trail to be useable to OHV. http://www.blm.gov/ca/barstow/amargosa.html Good luck Edited March 9, 2006 by ynot Quote
Kens Colors Posted March 9, 2006 Posted March 9, 2006 We have ridden it several times. My daughter loves riding that trail. Quote
raspadoo Posted March 10, 2006 Posted March 10, 2006 We went to the end and it was what seemed to be an old mining camp. fun ride!! Quote
iweb Posted March 10, 2006 Author Posted March 10, 2006 Cool pics and thanks for the info. We are thinking of taking the Sportsman 700 with a trailer and the KFX 700 with knobbies to the clean up and then trying out this trail. Looks like fun. Quote
Big_Gunz_ Posted March 12, 2006 Posted March 12, 2006 Cool pics and thanks for the info. We are thinking of taking the Sportsman 700 with a trailer and the KFX 700 with knobbies to the clean up and then trying out this trail. Looks like fun. We'll be making the trail ride for the first time during the clean up weekend too. We're heading up Thursday night, doing the trail ride on Friday and the clean up on Saturday. Quote
Rockinfigs Posted April 15, 2006 Posted April 15, 2006 can u make it to tecopa and back on one tank of gas on a quad (raptor 660)?? or can we fill up at tecopa? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.