Sick Quad

nick8298

I Have a 2003 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 that my son rides around in the dunes, after about 30 minutes of riding the quad it boggs down and dies as if it ran out of gass and won't start back up. I have to let it sit for about ten minutes before it will start. the quad will then run for another 20-30 minutes and dies. I have taken it to the dealer ship but they cant get it to die on them and they cant tell me any possibilities. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this problem and could give me a direction to look.

I Have a 2003 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 that my son rides around in the dunes, after about 30 minutes of riding the quad it boggs down and dies as if it ran out of gass and won't start back up. I have to let it sit for about ten minutes before it will start. the quad will then run for another 20-30 minutes and dies. I have taken it to the dealer ship but they cant get it to die on them and they cant tell me any possibilities. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this problem and could give me a direction to look.

Vapor lock?

Do a compression test. I guarantee it needs a top end. Two stroke Polaris quads have the loosest bore EVER. Technically, they need a bore, piston and rings right off the showroom floor. This happened to me on two polaris quads. My buddy was a tech back at Red Carpet. He said they put a fresh top end on 95 % of the polaris two strokes.

Edited by wingnut

^^^^^^^^^what he said....^^^^^^^^

we had them at our ATV Tour place, and a Uni filter, and a Weisco top end is the way to go. if at some point you need more power, i would suggest a different clutch spring and a pipe. it really wakes it up.

Do a compression test. I guarantee it needs a top end. Two stroke Polaris quads have the loosest bore EVER. Technically, they need a bore, piston and rings right off the showroom floor. This happened to me on two polaris quads. My buddy was a tech back at Red Carpet. He said they put a fresh top end on 95 % of the polaris two strokes.

Thanks for the info. that is more info than the polaris dealer told me when I brought it in for them to look at. They looked at it for an hour and gave it back to me and told me that they did not know what was wrong.

Thanks for the info. that is more info than the polaris dealer told me when I brought it in for them to look at. They looked at it for an hour and gave it back to me and told me that they did not know what was wrong.

The dealership told you they didn't know what was wrong with their own bike?