Snowmobile Clutch

GGZOBZ

I was flipping through a SideXSide Mag this morning and saw that there is a snowmobile clutch kit (converts the stock wet clutch to a dry sled clutch for like $1400). I ride snowmobiles too and really wondered about this mod for my RHino.

Anyone have this mod or know some one who does. I dont remember who sells it, maybe DFR??

I was flipping through a SideXSide Mag this morning and saw that there is a snowmobile clutch kit (converts the stock wet clutch to a dry sled clutch for like $1400). I ride snowmobiles too and really wondered about this mod for my RHino.

Anyone have this mod or know some one who does. I dont remember who sells it, maybe DFR??

Havnt heard anything about tht1 yet...I have been doing loads of back-ground on after market clutches and am fixin to make a purchase...about $250...with a claimed 7mph gain .I would try 1 of those before you go the snowmo route...$1400!! :laughoff:

Good luck :laughoff:

• 6 months later...

I found the lienk to the clutch lit. Form DFR.

DFR--Snowmobile Clutch

Actually am having DFR--Havasu (aka Tantrum Motorsports) do some work for me, he has the dry clutch on his shop Rhinos. Supposedly, they are a really good mod. Only problem is its moderately louder.

I ordered this new clutch setup, but the manufacturer doesnt do the sport version anymore, just the race version. Difference is with the race version is more adjustability and no clutch cover, so now its a lot louder (supposedly). Switched to the sheave and clutch kit. Allegedly, just as good in the mid range and top end, just a little bit slower off the line. Decided to add the 45 mikuni carb to compensate and also, Im saving a few hundred bucks.

I am sooooo psyched ! ! !

:duniemonkie:

Actually am having DFR--Havasu (aka Tantrum Motorsports) do some work for me, he has the dry clutch on his shop Rhinos. Supposedly, they are a really good mod. Only problem is its moderately louder.

I ordered this new clutch setup, but the manufacturer doesnt do the sport version anymore, just the race version. Difference is with the race version is more adjustability and no clutch cover, so now its a lot louder (supposedly). Switched to the sheave and clutch kit. Allegedly, just as good in the mid range and top end, just a little bit slower off the line. Decided to add the 45 mikuni carb to compensate and also, Im saving a few hundred bucks.

I am sooooo psyched ! ! !

:duniemonkie:

Dude........................its a rhino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take it from some one who has a sh*t load of useless money dropped on his own rhino(farm equipment)...what ever you do. DOESNT' FUKIN MATTER. ITS A DAMN RHINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put your check book down and save it for a rainy day. I have about 27K into this turtle............and its still a RHINO.

post-448-1210563344_thumb.jpg

Edited by maxdout

Dude........................its a rhino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take it from some one who has a sh*t load of useless money dropped on his own rhino(farm equipment)...what ever you do. DOESNT' FUKIN MATTER. ITS A DAMN RHINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put your check book down and save it for a rainy day. I have about 27K into this turtle............and its still a RHINO.

After reading your post on my blackberry, I was gonna call you a jagoff and tell you to kiss off and that i didnt need your opinion.

But, your rhino looks BAD--A dude. Farm equipment or not, Bad-A just the same.

:headbang1:

nice poster on the wall :headbang1:

my dad did that on his and it does great it runs about 48-50 on the flats at the dunes

he has a 686 kit with that and so far he was only beat by 2 other rhinos a guy with a supercharger and a guy with a 720 kit, but he hasnt raced everyone!