ITP paddles or sand gecko

dumontdude10

If you have narrowed it down to those two tire, I would reccommend the sand stars. The Geckos are the worst paddles I have ever run....just my.02

I agree!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't even sell my geckos w/ just one ride on them I ended up giving them to a kid down the street....

ITP all the way!!

Just like the front tires you were asking about,the last thing i would ever buy is geckos with the sandstars a close second.They are molded tires and very heavy horsepower robbing tires.If you want a good duning tire,get skat trak edges,or some sand tires unlimited sand skates.Sand Skate 1's are probably the best performing dune tire made.Skat Trak edges are more affordable though and are pretty easy to find used on ebay.I would try to stay away from molded heavy tires though.JMO

you're better off running your stock knobbies than sand gecko's. i've come to the conclusion that there was no R&D involved in manufacturing those tires.

itp sandstars are affordable and decent.. they'll push you through the sand better than dirt tires.

SSU comp cut sand skate 1 are a very awesome tire, as stated above. SS2's aren't bad either.

Skat Trak edge tires as stated above as well.

I personally have only ever run Skat-Trak and have had both the edge and haulers. I prefer the way the haulers ride, I don't know why but for me they seem to allow you to slide a little bit when you want to. The edges feel like they want to grab and slide and are hard to find a happy median when say a long traverse on steeper hills.

i think it depends on what you are putting them on....case in point

when i bough my DS650 used, it came with geckos. my bike is WAAAAY too heavy for any size geckos, so all they did is bury my bike on any incline above a flat surface.

but, my buddy had some on his dads z 400 at dumont in 05, and that thing ran like a striped ape. it was amazing to me as i sat there and watched how his bike did so well (otherwise a stock bike) with the same tires that made my quad run like crap in the sand.

its an application issue, imo

i personally run exteme skat traks (likethe haulers, but have a kevlar cup) on my DS, and i am very happy with the results...three seasons of riding on them, and they are holding up fine. i also am pleased with the way i can slide with them if i want to...i alsways thoguht straight paddles wouldnt allow that, but i was wrong

Edited by richard cheese

i bought the geckos on an impluse buy.i got ripped off. on the 450r with the hop-up kit not to bad. the wifes 400ex has a hard time with them, i had to turn them around. i was seeing people a pismo runnin the geckos backwards. i'll probably get sand skate 2s for the quads next. always had good luck with them in oregon