Yamaha Grizzly 660 belts

dunefreak

Has anyone ever changed theirs and if so what brand belt have you had good results with?

I have about 2800 miles on my Grizzly 4x4 and think it may be time to change it out. I wanted to stay with a Yamaha belt, but I have seen Dayco belts on E Bay Buy it Now for 35 bucks. :flipoff: I may still stick with the Yamaha brand as they are only 89.99 (Buy it Now).

I guess this thread also applies to Rhinos too.

pimpshack

i did some seaching over at ATV connection and found this thread

atv connection grizzly belt

cliffs notes

the people on that thread said that the dayco belt is garbage, and that you are better off going the the stocker replacement for the grizz

anyhow, sorry for the bad news. there is some good reading about the belts and sizes and compatibility with other bikes too.

cheese

Has anyone ever changed theirs and if so what brand belt have you had good results with?

I have about 2800 miles on my Grizzly 4x4 and think it may be time to change it out. I wanted to stay with a Yamaha belt, but I have seen Dayco belts on E Bay Buy it Now for 35 bucks. :flipoff: I may still stick with the Yamaha brand as they are only 89.99 (Buy it Now).

I guess this thread also applies to Rhinos too.

Im sure i can still get you that other belt for 50 or 60 bucks or whatever the hell it was the last time you asked this question LOL.. I can probably even get you a yamaha belt for cheaper than 90 bucks too.. Lemme know if you want me to check into them for ya.

pimpshack

i did some seaching over at ATV connection and found this thread

atv connection grizzly belt

cliffs notes

the people on that thread said that the dayco belt is garbage, and that you are better off going the the stocker replacement for the grizz

anyhow, sorry for the bad news. there is some good reading about the belts and sizes and compatibility with other bikes too.

cheese

Thanks Jasom. That's what I thought. I was leaning toward steh Yamaha brand one anyhow. Just wasn't sure if anyone had any good experience with the Dayco.

Im sure i can still get you that other belt for 50 or 60 bucks or whatever the hell it was the last time you asked this question LOL.. I can probably even get you a yamaha belt for cheaper than 90 bucks too.. Lemme know if you want me to check into them for ya.

1st off- I never asked this question before. I asked how long people have got out of their belts. So there. :flipoff::flipoff:

2nd- If you can get a YAMAHA belt for cheaper than 90 let me know and more than likely I will take it. Let me know. :D

go with the stock belt. The dayco belt didnt last worth a chit in my rhino. Im back to running a stock belt. I would have run a stock belt instead of the dayco except the stock belt was not available at the shop.

Here is what they post over at Extreme Outdoors (I think his screen name is sand blasted), I know that guy beats the heck out of stuff to say he likes it

and they make one for the bike to. Price on his site is 107.95

Detailed Description

EPI Performance Belt For The Yamaha Rhino.

Erlandson Performance double cog style belt helps reduce clutch heat.

Aramid tensil cord (non-cotton) will provide higher load capabilities and less slip.

The rubber compound allows for just the right amount of flexibility without being too rigid.

Higher quality belt with closer tolerances.

Note: We Will Not Run Any Other Belt In Our Rhino! We Have Tried Them All And This One Is The best! The Cogs Are Even Larger Than The Factory Belt Making It Run Cooler.

Closer tolerances provide a better fit on your clutches.

Edited by Paul Rob