What if someone is just going for the day

Hey everyone. We are going this week for a few days but I have a friend that is just coming out for the day. Does she have to buy a weekly pass for $40? That is ridiculous. How often does BLM go out and check? She is coming out on Monday. Thanks

:beer_bang: The information is located on the homepage http://www.dumontduneriders.com/passes.html .

$30 for non-holiday weeks and $40 for holidays, Monday the 10th is not a holiday. You are required to show your pass on entry and exit. It is always possible but not responsible to hope that there is nobody at the entrance or exit. This hobby is not cheap and the money goes to a good cause, so pay the fee even for a day.

:beer_bang: well said

and if the BLM starts writing tickets for not having one instead of just having you buy one when they find you without a pass you will think the $30 is very fair. i havent heard of anyone getting tickets yet but with the fee increase i bet they will start sometime.

Riding Dirty.. I am pretty much a day tripper with my whacked a$$ work schedule.. im off fridays and saturdays and since everyone doesnt get there till friday and the real riding is saturday it kinda sucks.. HOWEVER 30 bucks for a non holiday weekend is the price to pay wether your there for a couple hours or all day or all week.. the money goes to keep dumont open adn keep blm and emergency crews staffed out there as well as many other things to make your dumont experience the greatest.. so yes pay the 30 bucks.. :D

Yep, these fees along with my schedule have driven me away from the sport. Saddest day on my life realizing a I can no longer justify going for one day and paying all the expenses included and do not have the time to make a multi day trip. Back to hiking with the S. Club(NOT)

I sure miss all the free days as a kid just going out to the garage starting the bikes and heading for the hills in Colorado on established trails.

I personally think the $30 for the day is messed up, but you have to pay to play.. :dunno:

May not be anyone there for this weekend but if there is you will have to pay for sure...

I bet they'll be there (BLM) cause planet sand is having the drags on saturday

I personally think the $30 for the day is messed up, but you have to pay to play.. :beer_bang:

May not be anyone there for this weekend but if there is you will have to pay for sure...

If the state and goverment didnt nix their grants and additional funds to the blm then the fees would have stayed the same. HOWEVER since they (BLM) are not getting any additional funding this needs to be made up somewhere else ie the pass's.. Its not because they are out to screw you its because they have no money to staff the place and keep dumont running the way people have expected it with sherrifs and ems crew and so on and so forth.. If you think the fee's are a crock write to the state and ask them why they didnt give blm any additional funds this year to help run the place... If they would have left the fee's the same then you would have seen a substantial decrees in law enforcement, ems crews, and possibly camp hosts to keep dumont clean.. then you would be bitching about that.. If the state grants additional funding next year the plan is to drop the fee's again but that is all dependendent on the state and goverment..

Thanks all... Well, I might have to just tell my friend its up to her if she wants to pay. She's just going out to visit and hang out with us....driving her jetta not a quad..LOL :laughoff: I am all for the fees and we dont have a problem paying. About 15-20 of us are going Sunday-Tuesday... Thats alot of $$$ for the bank. Plus, we are all from Cal Fire, Sheriff's Dept, and AMR. Hey! They should be paying us!!! :D

But all of us will be no good since we will be :laughoff: and :laughoff: and :laughoff:

You catch my drift!! All of you be safe out there...

If the state and goverment didnt nix their grants and additional funds to the blm then the fees would have stayed the same. HOWEVER since they (BLM) are not getting any additional funding this needs to be made up somewhere else ie the pass's.. Its not because they are out to screw you its because they have no money to staff the place and keep dumont running the way people have expected it with sherrifs and ems crew and so on and so forth.. If you think the fee's are a crock write to the state and ask them why they didnt give blm any additional funds this year to help run the place... If they would have left the fee's the same then you would have seen a substantial decrees in law enforcement, ems crews, and possibly camp hosts to keep dumont clean.. then you would be bitching about that.. If the state grants additional funding next year the plan is to drop the fee's again but that is all dependendent on the state and goverment..

you are exactly right, i would pay 50 for this fee but it's up the the state to give it to where it counts and put it to good use, they see the money and go use it somewhere else, unless the state stands behind the BLM then they will always be searching for pennies, RIDICOLOUS!!!!!!!!

ive been out a few times and havent had to pay.

if the rangers arent at the entrance pay station, then you have no real way to get a pass, unless you get one ahead of time. you just have to avoid comming when everybody and their mom comes and goes. ie: friday night and sunday morning. just bring the 30$ just incase, but you might just get lucky? thats how i do it.