Warrior07 Posted January 4, 2008 Posted January 4, 2008 (edited) This is serious Just wondering from the rest of you that have ridden in a rhino. That was stock and one with long travel . I have personnally only ridden in mine and wondering if after getting the long travel does the feel of tipping over in rutted and loamy corners goes away. I don't know how many times in certain situations were you think the area is just a smooth normal condition and is this thing going to tip or is it just my wifes driving . :freakin_nuts: Edited January 4, 2008 by warrior07 Quote
beau Posted January 4, 2008 Posted January 4, 2008 I love my long travel! 10 times more stable. I've had a few instances since I have installed it that I knew that if I didn't have it the chances of rolling were almost 100%. The only problem I have with it is now that I don't have to lift through the big stuff there isn't enough power. So I have recently spent quite a bit more money than I had originally planned on. Quote
Kitcat Posted January 4, 2008 Posted January 4, 2008 If we got long travel, then we'd have to get a new flat bed trailer for our day trips. Our trailer is 5 ft wide and the Rhino just barely fits on it! Our rims make our tires stick out a bit more (I don't know the lingo for this) and we have 1 inch wheel spacers in the front. It's funny how my husband thinks my driving is scary, but has no problem trying out a bowl where if we tipped, it would be on my side!! :freakin_nuts: Quote
Warrior07 Posted January 4, 2008 Author Posted January 4, 2008 we have 2 " spacers but i fill def not enough :freakin_nuts: Quote
Kitcat Posted January 4, 2008 Posted January 4, 2008 we have 2 " spacers but i fill def not enough :freakin_nuts: Getting new rims with offsets (yeah, I remembered the name) def helps. I'll let my hubby talk about this. :flatbiller: He's a lot better than me! What kind of tires do you have? Quote
ricepow Posted January 4, 2008 Posted January 4, 2008 Ive got the XMF long travel on mine and its definately much better than stock. Not sure what part of Henderson you are in but I'm around the Boulder Hwy. & Racetrack area, if you want to take a ride in one shoot me a PM sometime and we can go for a spin. Quote
Warrior07 Posted January 4, 2008 Author Posted January 4, 2008 Getting new rims with offsets (yeah, I remembered the name) def helps. I'll let my hubby talk about this. :flatbiller: He's a lot better than me! What kind of tires do you have? you would'nt be talking bout the gas cap :freakin_nuts: Quote
Warrior07 Posted January 4, 2008 Author Posted January 4, 2008 oh you were talking about offset forget what i said about the gas cap Quote
MAXDOUT Posted January 5, 2008 Posted January 5, 2008 Pete, its worth the $$$. Mine rides awsome. Buddies of mine who dont have long travel were saying you dont need it.......TILL THEY RODE IN MINE. Quote
wingnut Posted January 5, 2008 Posted January 5, 2008 (edited) Remember after you dump all that money in it, it is still farm equipment!!! Edited January 5, 2008 by wingnut Quote
beau Posted January 6, 2008 Posted January 6, 2008 Remember after you dump all that money in it, it is still farm equipment!!! True, but it's bad farm equipment! Quote
beau Posted January 6, 2008 Posted January 6, 2008 Remember after you dump all that money in it, it is still farm equipment!!! True, but it's bad farm equipment! Quote
90+ PLUS Posted January 6, 2008 Posted January 6, 2008 True, but it's bad farm equipment! yep. does your rhino sit really high or does the pic make it look higher Quote
Warrior07 Posted January 6, 2008 Author Posted January 6, 2008 Remember after you dump all that money in it, it is still farm equipment!!! o.k. effer that's not what i was asking for mr. dodge Quote
wingnut Posted January 6, 2008 Posted January 6, 2008 o.k. effer that's not what i was asking for mr. dodge Sorry Mr. Rhino King II!!!! Quote
Warrior07 Posted January 6, 2008 Author Posted January 6, 2008 Sorry Mr. Rhino King II!!!! EFF THAT Quote
beau Posted January 6, 2008 Posted January 6, 2008 yep. does your rhino sit really high or does the pic make it look higher Well, the pic makes it look a bit higher because of the lower angle but when people are in it it squats a little more. This pic is a better look at how it sits. The kit on this one is the HCR +6 kit with Fox remote reservoirs. Clicky If you do the LT thing make sure you get the frame supports to prevent ripping the a-arm bolts through the frame cause if you hit a big rock at speed or land funny off a jump they will rip out. I know I don't have them in the pic but they are on now. Quote
90+ PLUS Posted January 6, 2008 Posted January 6, 2008 (edited) wow those look strong. what ever you do dont get SoCal Fab Edited January 6, 2008 by 90+ PLUS Quote
disturbed Posted January 8, 2008 Posted January 8, 2008 What size tires are you running , front and rear? Nice rhino. Quote
beau Posted January 8, 2008 Posted January 8, 2008 What size tires are you running , front and rear? Nice rhino. 25" Quote
Kitcat Posted January 8, 2008 Posted January 8, 2008 you would'nt be talking bout the gas cap :beer_bang: AAGH! Don't remind me about that gas cap! $50 down the drain! We're not buying anymore Rhino parts that are that easy to steal!!! Quote
GGZOBZ Posted February 6, 2008 Posted February 6, 2008 I run the iShock P51's and really love them. They are a huge improvement over stock and a good crutch until I get my long travel. My brother one upped me before Vet's Day at Dumont and showed up with the FabTech Long Travel kit. I rode in it and cant wait to get LT this next off season. Little does he know what else I have planned. Heh Heh heh. He wont know what hit him. Quote
geeza76 Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Madd air pic by Darry at Sand Crazed. Check his shop out located on Decatur, he'll set you up with a long travel and not sell you crap you don't need. Quote
Richard Cheese Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 funny how everyone in the PASSENGER SEAT feels that its tippy in our ranger...i call it the "oh sh*t" seat...cause it feels like your gonna dump it.. the drivers seat is a better feeling for control of the vehicle though, imo everyone that rides in my ranger, i tell them what i call that seat, and why...plus the 4 point harnesses put their minds at ease a little too Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.