Can we pay at dunes for big weekends?

Tripleshot

I'm a little confused as to when I can bypass a stop in vegas on my way to Pres day Dumont weekend. I will be there Friday early and don't know if someone will be there to collect my $40 or if I can get it in advance for that weekend by going to Vegas next weekend on my way to calif to visit family and pick it up on the way that far in advance of the weekend I'm going. Seems I read here you can only get the pass for the weekend you will be there by buying that week only. I'm I missing something here?

Trying to get it in Baker on a major holiday won't be easy with the train of gear I pull. :dunno:

Edited by Tripleshot

You can pick it up at Valero in Baker if you want. What I would do if I were you, is if no one collects your money when you enter Dumont, just ride down there the next day during daylight hours and pay at the ranger's station. See you out there.......

You can pick it up at Valero in Baker if you want. What I would do if I were you, is if no one collects your money when you enter Dumont, just ride down there the next day during daylight hours and pay at the ranger's station. See you out there.......

Thank you, BS. I may do that if nothing else. I would be happy to p/u the Pres Day week pass next week if they are available anywhere in Vegas or Baker. Next week I'll be in a sports car so easy to get around.

If no one is there on friday of that weekend, I'll do what you suggest in my new 08 rhino. I look forward to meeting you and Kit Katt. I have followed your posts with envy about your new rhino.

:D:dunno::D

Thats what we did the last time out. It was an off weekend so no one was there on saturday to pay, but on the way out a couple of rangers were there and we happily paid our 30 bucks. I was talking to one of the rangers and he said that on the big weekends they would probably have people out, but in general they want duners to buy their passes elsewhere.

this information is on the front page

www.dumontduneriders.com

here is where the passes are available in the vegas area

Johnny Walker RV: 4784 Boulder Hwy, Las Vegas, NV 89121, 702-436-2495

Carter Powersports: 6275 South Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV

That's actually on the passes page, Jason. http://www.dumontduneriders.com/passes.html

Tripleshot, there will be someone there (at Dumont) that Friday before the weekend of President's Day weekend. There is usually BLM staff there almost every weekend. Either way, you can buy your weekly pass from the BLM that weekend or from one of the vendors in town and tell them the dates you will be there and they will write those dates on your pass so it is good for that weekend you'll be pulling in. :laughing:

That's actually on the passes page, Jason. http://www.dumontduneriders.com/passes.html

Tripleshot, there will be someone there (at Dumont) that Friday before the weekend of President's Day weekend. There is usually BLM staff there almost every weekend. Either way, you can buy your weekly pass from the BLM that weekend or from one of the vendors in town and tell them the dates you will be there and they will write those dates on your pass so it is good for that weekend you'll be pulling in. :laughing:

Thank you. I seemed to mistakenly remembered you could not get a week pass to far in advance. I am going to stop in Baker next Friday on my to the coast and plan to purchase 4 or 5 passes for the members of my party coming Pres weekend. I can have their names written on the passes. I hope they will sell them to me. If all else fails, Friday at the ranger station it will be. :D

Edited by Tripleshot

Thank you. I seemed to mistakenly remembered you could not get a week pass to far in advance. I am going to stop in Baker next Friday on my to the coast and plan to purchase 4 or 5 passes for the members of my party coming Pres weekend. I can have their names written on the passes. I hope so they will sell them to me. If all else fails, Friday at the ranger station it will be. :D

Well just to be sure you can call the BLM and ask them directly tomorrow. :laughing:

Barstow BLM office

(760) 252-6000