next TRT meeting

Just thought I'd post up the date for the next meeting. I'm sure Terry, Vicki, or Jon can maybe fill us in on what items may be discussed. :D

NEXT TRT MEETING

Feb 5, 2008 10 AM

BLM Barstow Field Office Conference Room

2601 Barstow Road, Barstow, CA 92311

Whats TRT? is there a secret handshake? Do you have it on GPS?

LOL

seriously though..

what is it

come on...READ :dance: :lol:

It's explained in a pinned topic at the top of this section (Dumont Issues)

Technical Review Team. It's a meeting with TRT members and teh BLM to discuss Dumont related issues and plans. The public is invited to attend and usually has influence on any changes that may happen at Dumont which are discussed.

Here's the adgenda:

Agenda for February 5, 2008

Barstow Field Office

10:00 am.

Call To Order

Pledge

Introductions

Approval of the Agenda

Approval of the Minutes from the November 17, 2007 meeting

Lunch decision ­ pizza or sandwiches (Bring $8.00 cash)

DISCUSSION ITEMS:

Fringe-Toe lizard Petition update Roxie

Trost , Bill Presch

Dumont Dunes update

Roxie Trost

2008 Fee collection ­ current status

Lynnette Elser

MEMBERS ITEMS

Public Comment

Adjournment

We will work through lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

We probably won't see an official agenda until 7-10 days (or less) prior to the meeting.

This group listens and responds to the Dumont dune users, so...

What would you like to have discussed at the meeting?

Vicki

I'm curious to find out the outcome of the proposal to have the prisoners do road clean-up after the big holiday weekends in conjunction with CDOT. BRILLIANT idea there Terry!!! :dunno:

I'm having a blonde moment and don't recall any discussion about the fines (tickets) and where that $$$ goes to.

:dance: Looks like I have an agenda of my own and need to figure out a way to make it to this meeting!! :D

Anybody Going Down to the TRT meeting?

I can take a cpl passengers if anybody wants to ride along for free. Let me know?

I will be leaving about 7:30 AM and then straight back after the meeting.

Edited by ynot

Anybody Going Down to the TRT meeting?

I can take a cpl passengers if anybody wants to ride along for free. Let me know?

I will be leaving about 7:30 AM and then straight back after the meeting.

Wish I could go. One day Ill make it out to a meeting!

Edited by Sincity_blondie

Just got back from the TRT meeting. Was a good meeting, short and to the point. Dr. Peresh gave a good lecture on the fringe toed lizard with lots more to come with study from him. Still alot of people using out of bounds area's in the wash/A-River. They are now putting up the orange work fence in front of the trails so there's no second guessing if it's open or not, (picture attached). We need to STAY AWAY from the closed trails. Nothing is open in the wash along the sides out of the wash bed. They had some good pictures of trails being used heavily within the last 6 months. They put up post and cable fence between the limited use area and closed area near the salt creek area, you wont notice it unless your riding out of bounds. The out of bounds markers are going to be RED and surrounded with pvc pipe in the form of a T. Which should help out alot. I'm adding a picture of the open area as well, don't know how well you will be able to see it though, also sent you a copy Pete, maybe you can outline the area better. At least something until we get a better picture. They said the trash issue in Tecopah has improved alot :drunk: , but also said the Fire Chief informed them of more black tank dumping as well along the road :booty: . Guess we get something good going and it's ruined by something else.... The next meeting will be April the 8th, at 10am, Barstow Field Office. Terry will have some stuff to post up as well. Think I was the only public person at the meeting today....SF Woody :clap:

P10706411.jpg

080205008.jpg

also if im interpeting that map correctly it appears that the south pole is technically out of bounds :drunk:

Doesn't look like it according to the map. The rock/sand piles are in bounds and it is right next to them. :D

Tried to make it a little bigger....SF Woody

1-2.jpg

same size :clap:

I'll mess around with it tonight

Is it? Damn, oh well, you have the regular photo..... Here's some pics they took of trails being used out of bounds in the wash area, spcifically the hollywood area. One pics looks like the wash, but it's actually another one coming into the A-River wash....SF Woody

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

I know the area pretty good around Dumont and I have no idea where those pics are taken at. :clap: I'd like to make a clearly drawn-up map of the boundaries of the area and where commonly used trails are being used. This way we can try to inform people that just because the trails are there doesn't mean they are open for travel.

i guess im thinking that red line that outlines the dune area is the boundry and looking at that.. compared to the rockpile i would say we are out of bounds... however that could change with a better image of the boundry lines.

Pete, sent you another map with some info written on it, I should have taken a pic of the entire map they had at the meeting, I just tried to get the big dune area. The photo's were taken up the wash off the left hand side.....SF Woody :clap:

I'm curious to find out the outcome of the proposal to have the prisoners do road clean-up after the big holiday weekends in conjunction with CDOT. BRILLIANT idea there Terry!!! :drunk:

I'm having a blonde moment and don't recall any discussion about the fines (tickets) and where that $$$ goes to.

:booty: Looks like I have an agenda of my own and need to figure out a way to make it to this meeting!! :D

Cal trans does the clean up on the road anyway, later in the week on big weekends, they don't charge a thing, part of there job....

The money goes to the state from all tickets, nothing back to the D....SF Woody :clap:

Cal trans does the clean up on the road anyway, later in the week on big weekends, they don't charge a thing, part of there job....

The money goes to the state from all tickets, nothing back to the D....SF Woody :clap:

Thanks Woody!! :D

Couldn't get to this meeting, have to transport kids to and from school, hopefully at least one of us can make the next one!! :drunk: