Fox Shocks Need Rebuild/Revalve

RacerX

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a competent rebuilder of Fox products. Don't mind shipping them, but I'm in Apple Valley. Thanks... :DDRrocks:

My suspension guy will do all of that stuff for a very reasonable price. If you send them to him he will completely rebuild them, revealve etc... He used to tune all of Foddrill's cars. I think he is working for Kartek now but as a side gig he does this for us who want to save some money. The dude is top notch. His name is Mike Arthur, #602.697.3225 He was out in Glamis with me over presidents and did mine and a couple others in camp. Tell him Dave with the blue SCU sent you.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Clean shock.

2. Set shock with Schrader valve up. De-pressurize shock completely.

3. Remove bearing cap. You may need to use a flat blade screwdriver or a small punch.

4. Press down bearing assembly to expose snap ring. Remove snap ring.

5. Remove shaft/ bearing assembly, by rocking back and forth and pulling out at the same time.

6. Dump used oil.

7. Clamp shaft eyelet assembly in a vise, or soft jaws. Remove valving, negative spring bearing assembly, and bearing cap. Make sure to keep all valve plates and piston in the same order as removed.

8. With a scribe remove all seals from bearing. Clean all parts.

9. Inspect all valve plates, damping piston, and negative spring, look for cracks or any signs of fatigue.

10. Check shaft to see that it is not bent or has any deep pits ( rock dings), replace if needed.

11. Install new seals on all parts. Use a small amount of assembly lube on bearing assembly.

12. Install bearing cap and bearing assemblies back onto shaft. Be careful not to tear any seals.

13. Install negative spring, valving assembly and lock-nut. Torque nut to 30 ft./lb.

14. Clean body assembly, place it in a vise open end up.

15. Fill shock with correct amount of oil ( FOX 5wt.). See attached sheet for correct level. It is very important that you put the correct amount of oil back into the shock!

16. Install flex DU on valve piston. Insert the shaft and bearing assembly into the shock body. Depress the bearing assembly to access the snap ring groove.

17. Install the snap ring. Check to be sure it is completely in its groove, this is very important!

18. Install bearing cap.

19. Remove the shock from the vise. Place shock with Schrader valve up.

20. Pressurize the shock with 180-200 psi.

21. Compress the shock to make sure it is working properly.

2.0 4.0 A/S (1.25) 125 CC

2.0 4.5 A/S (1.25) 150CC

2.0 5.5 A/S (1.25) 200 CC

2.0 8.5 A/S (1.25) 250CC

2.0 10.0 A/S (1.25) 275CC

2.0 12.0 A/S (1.25) 300CC

2.0 14.0 A/S (1.25) 325CC

2.0 4.0 BUMP STOP (1.25) 125CC