Seat Belt Warning on Fords

TbonesMalones

Not sure if this is known and I just figured it out but here's what I discovered. I have a 2004 F150 and if you don't put your seat belt on it make a annoying a$$ beeping sound and won't stop. To make it stop, just unlock your doors while you are driving and presto no more beeping. I was happy when I found this out. I do where my seat belt everytime I'm in the truck but somethimes there's no need for it example when your crusing around the flats at Dumont. I hope this cures some headaches!!!! :DDRrocks:

Edited by TbonesMalones

I don't have seat beats on my truck what is a seat beat anyway? I noticed you have already edited, so I am SURE you mean seat beats.

by the way cruising the flats without a seat beat might not be that safe.

Yeah, if you hit a kiddytrack with no seat beat you could get belt up badly :beer_bang: :DDRrocks:

I don't have seat beats on my truck what is a seat beat anyway? I noticed you have already edited, so I am SURE you mean seat beats.

by the way cruising the flats without a seat beat might not be that safe.

Yeah, if you hit a kiddytrack with no seat beat you could get belt up badly :headbang1::DDRrocks:

Ok i guess the will be more specific, when you are driving under 5 mph and there is no chance you will hit a kiddie track because you will be able to turn the steering wheel to avoid the bump, or how about when you are backing up to your toyhauler and the seatbelt is restricting my ability to see clearly. I can go on and on.... :beer_bang:

Edited by TbonesMalones

Travis

i was just messing with you :headbang1:

oh yes, i know what you are talking about ;)

i hate them electronic "nanny" crap buzzers :rockwoot: .....makes you feel like a baby

heck, in europa there are cars with female voice commands (the airplane pilots call them "bitching bettys" ) like please put your seatbelt on.....please put your seatbelt on.....door is open....door is open....please put your seatbelt on .... key is in ignition....door is open..... :laughoff::headbang1::laughoff: drives you completely nuts in no time :DDRrocks:

makes you want to shoot the dasboard :beer_bang: and scream; YES, I KNOW THAT THE FU@*ING DOOR IS OPEN

• 1 month later...

We have 2005 f-150's at work and heres how I disabled the seatbelt buzzer for good on them.

Turn your ignition on (but dont start motor).

Wait for seatbelt light to go off on dash.

Plug and unplug your seat belt 9 times.

When the seatbelt light comes back on do it once more.

It should flash your seatbelt light 5 times really fast and that tells you its disable'd. You will need to do this for the driver and passanger side of the truck two seperate times. It kind of takes a while but it works!

Edited by Raptor661

We have 2005 f-150's at work and heres how I disabled the seatbelt buzzer for good on them.

Turn your ignition on (but dont start motor).

Wait for seatbelt light to go off on dash.

Plug and unplug your seat belt 9 times.

When the seatbelt light comes back on do it once more.

It should flash your seatbelt light 5 times really fast and that tells you its disable'd. You will need to do this for the driver and passanger side of the truck two seperate times. It kind of takes a while but it works!

that be it, sometimes it takes a couple times to get it right.... had a couple Fords.... I hate the annoying beep. What is worse is the Back up horn honk on Dodges..