Axle Length

Randylybs

Someone may know a little better and could chime in. I have always been advised to lower the car to where the flanges would be in line parallel to the ground. You will want to measure from the flange to flange and figure this to be the absolute longest they can be. Any longer and when your supension compresses the axles will destroy the flanges on the tranny. Does that make sense? I bet if Bert or anyone else sees this, they will give you the answer you are looking for. If all else fails, call the builder and ask them. :ninja:

Someone may know a little better and could chime in. I have always been advised to lower the car to where the flanges would be in line parallel to the ground. You will want to measure from the flange to flange and figure this to be the absolute longest they can be. Any longer and when your supension compresses the axles will destroy the flanges on the tranny. Does that make sense? I bet if Bert or anyone else sees this, they will give you the answer you are looking for. If all else fails, call the builder and ask them. :ninja:

Thanks, lvnalolife. I now have a clue. Do you think if they are too short it would hurt the bearings and or the CV's?

Just like the post prior but... inside flange cup to inside flange cup MINUS 1/2 inch, Use limit straps if your shocks don't stop your axle degree from going beyond the cv's limits. Don't forget about compound angles on your axles also when figuring your degrees.

Thanks, lvnalolife. I now have a clue. Do you think if they are too short it would hurt the bearings and or the CV's?

too short will limit your travel before they can get to their max angle......

Edited by Yoshi