Complaining about fees?

Pete,

too bad you did not start earlier with DDR. It would have been great to have this forum behind FoDD five years ago.

When I did FoDD I often felt like :bawl:, often asked myself why I'm doing this and getting :laughoff: from both sides ... but anytime back out at D I knowed exactly why I did it. My respect goes to current FoDD, the TRT members and you guys (you and ISBB). You all do a great job and thank you all very much for that :lol:

Liberty, sorry for the :blink: , but you asked for it agreeing with 1320 :think:

Pete,

too bad you did not start earlier with DDR. It would have been great to have this forum behind FoDD five years ago.

When I did FoDD I often felt like :bawl:, often asked myself why I'm doing this and getting :blink: from both sides ... but anytime back out at D I knowed exactly why I did it. My respect goes to current FoDD, the TRT members and you guys (you and ISBB). You all do a great job and thank you all very much for that :flipoff:

Liberty, sorry for the :lol: , but you asked for it agreeing with 1320 :think:

Thank you. I wish I could have started it earlier too. I probably would have, but I wasn't as involved with things online as much as I am now nor did I have the knowledge I do now either.

I still believe we could use this site as an excellent tool in helping FoDD become more noticed and invloved in the future. :laughoff: I have told Vicki and Terry that many times and the offer will always be there.

Dear Mr. Liberty and 1320,

In my <not so humble> opinion, all this bickering over fees could be put to much better uses!! Our fight is with the treehuggers, greenies, Sierra Club, whatEVER name you choose to call them....they are the true enemy here and that is one battle we can never lose!!

:think:

:rant_on: off. :D

Apparently I haven't been clear enough...

I'm pulling out of this fight..throwin' in the towel :think:

I may not like the fees, but I know a little something about damage control.

:bawl: I just don't have enough details to argue anymore.

All iknow is that I loved going to dumont for FREEEEEEEEEEE! :laughoff:

Apparently I haven't been clear enough...

I'm pulling out of this fight..throwin' in the towel :surrender:

I may not like the fees, but I know a little something about damage control.

:dunno: I just don't have enough details to argue anymore.

All iknow is that I loved going to dumont for FREEEEEEEEEEE! :old:

sorry, forgot to add a :D at the end of my last post.

(* general post, not a Liberty :beat: *)

and I agree I loved it too. I also was fighting the fees as long as I could (together with all the FoDD and big help from Ed Waldheim, CORVA). We gave it a hard fight and at least delayed the fees for two years, but finally we had to give up. The numbers just did not add up. more visitors + more treehuggers + more CBD :bs: - OHV funding - BLM funding .... just resulted in fees. The only way to keep Dumont operational.

I also have to give the BLM a :clap: . When you look how many people work at the Barstow Field Office and compare the area they have to cover; Dumont, El Mirage, Johnson Valley (biggest OHV area in the USA), Stoddard and Rasor for open OHV areas, many many miles of OHV trails outside the open Areas, but also the Wilderness areas and all the other public lands ... it is amazing how efficient they work (for Government :rolleyes: ). Compare that with National Park Service.

• 1 month later...

Nobody likes fees but if they need to generate revenue they will one way or another, by collecting it when you get their or they will tax you some place else.

IMHO the biggest problem is the way they spend the money not how they collect it.

• 3 weeks later...

just leave the beer on the bottom of the cart :breakdance: :breakdance:

That is what happened and there were 3 cases of dasani in the cart, i always feel bad when chit like that happens at least it wasnt a beer run.