Project that Snowballed

desertskyz

Ok so all I wanted was a stand for my swamp cooler cause the way it is now, it is pulling the eve off the side of my roof. So……………..

I whined and :bawl: and :wub: enough so my BNFPG (let’s just call him Dan) brought over his wielder, steel, and all the other goodies and made me one. :D Now all I had to do was prime and paint it. I can pull this off.

Off to Lowes I go the get paint. The next morning I put on the primer. While waiting of it to dry I thought I would take the bleed off line off the cooler so I can get the stand in. I pull the side panels off, undo the line and start to look at this ripplie paint. Hummmmm. :think: What’s this? One small flake peeled off in a very big chunk. Aught Oh! :blink: So I start to peel and peel, only to find out that the cooler had rusted out under the paint in all four corners. Dan arrives. What are you doing he says. He looks at me sanding, and sanding and goes gets his grinder. That worked pretty good, but couldn’t get in the corners. He says, “ just get some heavier sand paper and a couple of sandpaper sponge. OK! :D

Off to Lowes I go. I buy every single grit of sandpaper I can find plus a few Sandpaper sponge thingies, more primer and paint, and some cooler pan goo. Being all proud of myself thinking Huh! I can do this. Sand it a little, prime, paint, add cooler goo. :afro: Sh*t girlfriend be ret ta go! :afro: I come back and start sanding, sanding, :rant_on: , sanding. Dan arrives again. What are you doing now? :shake: I look at him with a ever so slight :cry: and a look of pure frustration. :pissed: I say :dunno: , this stuff if just not coming out of the corners. :finger: it, I don’t care anymore I’m gonna paint it anyway. Dan says, "F" that, and goes buys a sandblaster. Comes back and we spend and hour and a half putting it together. Thank God I have a lot of tools and know what and where they are.

All I wanted was a Swamp Cooler stand.

Sandblasting starts and is done in no time. Sh*t that looks great. :D The cooler is now ready to prime and paint, except this one other thing. I now have 50 lbs of #8 glass beads all over everywhere that have to be cleaned up first. Out comes the compressor and blower tip, broom, shovel, etc. OK! Everything is clean, motor, fan, pan everything. Let’s start to prime and paint.

:beercheers: It is amazing how much beer you can drink watching paint dry. :chug: :chug:

OK! Everything is done and ready to put back together. HA! Ha! Ha! Silly girl. :slap: I bring in the stand and :think: that the paver type rocks under said cool where not level enough. I :idea: to myself, I can just pull them out and put down a couple of real pavers so the stand is real level. Ha! Ha! Ha! :slap: So I start digging them out, only to find out that they ARE NOT simple paver rock looking things, but instead they are GIANT rocks the size a basketballs with semi flat tops. Oh my! :booty::pissed:

All I wanted was a Swamp Cooler stand.

Dan arrives again! Jeeze Bec. :dope: Why do you keep doing this and making more work for yourself.? Now I’m pissed and I am going to fix all by my self without some stupid guy telling what to do.

Off to Lowes I go and get paver sand. I dig and rack and level, add sand, level, tap, tap, tap, add pavers more sand, hose off. Walla! It is done. :blury: I did it all by my self. Huh! :barf: It got Dans approval, but could have been a little more lever. So now, for sure the stand is ready to be put in. Now all I have to do is snug the eve back into place to the roof with some 3 ½ inch screws and I am good to go.

Dear God. :praying: :praying: :praying: Please, please, please, don’t make it so I have to put a whole new roof on my house.

Edited by desertskyz

:undecided: Good one Rebecca!! And virtually no spelling errors! :blink:post-1889-1207806887_thumb.gif

I have a porch light that hasn't worked in like 2 years and a ceiling fan I'd love to see spin once again.........

"Dear God. Please, please, please, don’t make it so I have to put a whole new roof on my house."

:beercheers: Ummmm, nevermind :ban-split:

Well I was thinking about taking the grille off my truck and paint it black. But damn, now I'm all discouraged and thinking I'll end up having to paint my whole truck.

Oh well, back to original plan>>> :beercheers:

Edited by suzltr450rider

:ninja: <<<<<<<<<< that is so true.

The thing is when us ladies take on man projects, well things just happen. We mean well. Really.

But sometimes the party0011.gif spirit gets in the way.

Plain and simple, it's our attention to detail!! :D