Saturday Drive....

Guest Crasher

Guest Crasher

So, we had to pick up some plastics/graphics for Craig's new quad, so we decided to drive instead of paying the $100++ to ship them. The guy was located in Beatty, Nevada. I had never been there, so we packed up the kids and the dogs and went for a family drive. :laughing: Only took about 4 hours round trip and that was with stopping and buying more junk food and crap than I have ever purchased in my life. :pics: They had a little market right on the edge of town that sold homeade jerkey, honey, olives, etc., so we stopped there too. Really good stuff and the peeple were very nice. :D Took a few pics of the road trip if anyone is interested. I'm extremely bored today!!! :beercheers:

(oh well, i had trouble posting pics on our new computer, so I'm over it. Sorry for the double post folks!! :usa: I'll figure it out and add them later!!)

Edited by Crasher

Believe it or not, my family (mom's side) is from Beatty! My great-grandfather, George Greenwood, built the Exchange Club in 1906. He and my great-grandmother are buried there. My mom was raised in Beatty until my grandparents sold the club and moved to Carson City and then eventually to LA.

Scotty's Castle is pretty cool. We took a tour of it years ago with my grandma, who knew Scotty personally. She kep criticizing the tour guide, telling him his stories about Scotty weren't true! She was pretty funny and cool grandma!

It's ironic that Mark and I ended up in Nevada. We've gone riding many times in Armagosa, but haven't ventured into Beatty yet. I haven't visited Beatty since I was really young.

:headbang1: