CR 500 expert

nlvredneck

hey 'yall  :laughing:  i'm currently working on my new project. it's a cr500 converted to an atc, for hillshootin  :mc:  and the motor is worn out. so i'm wanting to know if anyone here knows of a rebuilder that is REALLY familiar with the cr500? let the input flow :D

First off the best CR500 site around is www.bannedcr500riders.com join up and post away!

I use a guy called glen howell for my motor work, hes an awsome porter who has done nothing bur CR500s for years, he mostly does hillclimbers but can port to your needs.

Heres a vendor thread with all his info....

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=606

Pete loomis also builds some wicked fast motors :D

Are you kidding with the "I got my avatar removed". As an adult the He-Man thing is fuggin funny but on this site, really ? I don't think you have bragging rights, the site is for all and while I will be the first one to agree that sometimes that line is fine your sh@#$t makes kids ask "what does this mean?" Yeah, not so much. Mistune your nitro bottle again so we have something post worthy ! :laughing:

I wasnt bragging about anything, he asked for a 500 expert and I posted pics and info on the best guy I personally know and use, glen howell.

I thought my AV was funny as hell and knew if the mods din't like it they would remove it, no biggie. I kinda like the one now anyway :D

As for "mistune you nitro bottle" im lost?

If you want a war it aint gonna happen, im still at work after 14hrs and tired :dope:

nlv, whats up man? Rudy kurtz of port magic in hesperia is also very familliar with the cr500, he was going to build mine until I decided to go another direction but he will be building that too. pm me if you want his # also your going to get a ton of vibration with the cr motor in the atc frame, you should use a cr frame and adapt your front end and swing arm to that instead. I have been looking into this for over a year and the #1 complaint of the cr in the atc frame is vibration. good luck,

Hey , your talking about 75 hp !

that's alot of work for 75 hp imo ! leave it in the bike . And the trans. may not hold up !

just alittle food for thought...

Ive gotta agree, even with the most wicked unridable port job and all the supporting mods your maybe gonna see 85 horse at the crank, without nitrous or alky your never gonna be over that.

The trans in mine is fine and Ive sprayed the sh*t out of it, I dont know how they will hold up spinning two tires tho.

Edited by britincali

yeah i'm converting the bike into a trike to not have any vibration problems. i'm gonna have metal tech do the swing-arm and i'm gonna run all JJ&A aluminum axle, hubs, and carrier. as for the trans not holding up, i can't see a problem? if a little 25-30 hp. 250 can pull 21" paddles and my 225lbs. 500 cc's shouldn't have a problem with 75 hp. on tap. :D

just get a cp sabertooth or puma cylinder for your atc. the sabertooth is a 500 cc cylinder, it comes complete with case machinging, carb, clutch, pipe, you name it and makes over 100hp check it out its only about $5,000. if you want the # let me know...

yeah i'm converting the bike into a trike to not have any vibration problems. i'm gonna have metal tech do the swing-arm and i'm gonna run all JJ&A aluminum axle, hubs, and carrier. as for the trans not holding up, i can't see a problem? if a little 25-30 hp. 250 can pull 21" paddles and my 225lbs. 500 cc's shouldn't have a problem with 75 hp. on tap. :D

Your bikes trans is dealing with on tire that has less traction, you would be adding 2 tires not with more traction on each tire.

• 2 months later...

the CR500 vibe problem is from the motor not the frame its bolted into once you rebuild that motor it shoulent vib to much