2006 chevy diesel duramax

ltr450

:MBdance: looking for some pro help. A freind of mine has duramax diesel that has been making a jake brake noise for the last year,when the truck's under load, but not very loud.(this is the friend) if i have the stereo on i dont even notice. but its getting worse, i can feel vibration in the throttle pedal first, now i can feel it in my seat, and its louder. chevy dealer has no clue they think its my a/c, but it does it with it on or not. i dont want to get stuck on the side of the road. got any ideas of what it can be.by the way it sounds more like an air commpressor loading up. thanks for any info

Check the intercooler charge hoses. I had a DMax come in with the lower one on the driver side that had a big split causing some rediculous noise.

i know that the lb7s are notorious for the lower intercooler hose rubbing the steering box and making a hole, causing loss of power

does your friend have loss of power?

(i know his isnt an lb7...a late lly, or first run lbz???)

the truck still responds when, I hit the gas, the noise just gets louder,dosent seem to effect hp

I'd still check the hoses. It might not be leaking enough to notice a large HP loss, but still enough to make noise.

Another thing you can check is the exhaust manifold gasket(s). I had one start to leak on my truck and only heard a noise under heavy accel and it was worst when cold. That was before a had a pyro and cooked the hell out of the exhaust one trip. woops! :MBdance::beat::beat:

is there change in the ashtray? Probably too much weight for a Duramax :MBdance::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::D

Change in the ashtray? You kidding me? He probably had to use every last coin in there for his last fillup! :black: I know the feeling. These trucks get crap for mileage. :beat::beat:

I'd still check the hoses. It might not be leaking enough to notice a large HP loss, but still enough to make noise.

Another thing you can check is the exhaust manifold gasket(s). I had one start to leak on my truck and only heard a noise under heavy accel and it was worst when cold. That was before a had a pyro and cooked the hell out of the exhaust one trip. woops! :MBdance::beat::beat:

will check the hose first,the noise comes on in cruise control or not. its not all the time. motor can be hot or cold. thanks