Ok all you GM wizards...

racegirl04

My husband drives a GMC 1500 Sierra. It has about 120,000 miles on it. Last year, the turn signal all of a sudden started flashing fast. He replaced the circuit board (I think that was what it was called) in the taillight. After that it worked just fine...til last month. It went out again. Replaced it again, worked fine. Last weekend, it started doing it again, but only like every other day. Any ideas?

We have this problem all the time with volkswagens......turn signal blinking fast USUALLY means a faulty bulb or socket.....it blinking fast only intermitedly (sp) means that the bulb/socket is going bad, but not completely bad yet... I had this problem on my dodge a few weeks ago and temporarily fixed it, but need to buy some new parts to perminately repair it....

Hope this helps

Edited by TheAlaskan

my husband thinks there might be a short somewhere to make this thing keep going out, does that sound right? And if so, how would someone find the short?

I dont think a short would cause this. Depending on where it is a short would most likely pop a fuse.....does this normally happen after it rains? Water may be getting inside the housing causing the connection to carrode (sp). I'd have him check all the bulbs, check the bulb sockets and check the connector that goes into the light and make sure all the seals are pliable and not hard or rotted.

while driving around, take a look at the 01-06 tahoe/suburbans, as well as the 01-06 1500s and 2500/3500 trucks

many daytime running lights out... :laughing::think::dunno:

i have had to replace 5 in my wife's tahoe, and 3 in my truck, with no other bulbs needing replacement

:shots:

:blink: wtf does that have to do with her TURN SIGNAL problem??? :dunno::think:

We have this problem all the time with volkswagens......turn signal blinking fast USUALLY means a faulty bulb or socket.....it blinking fast only intermitedly (sp) means that the bulb/socket is going bad, but not completely bad yet... I had this problem on my dodge a few weeks ago and temporarily fixed it, but need to buy some new parts to perminately repair it....

Hope this helps

i agree with you guys! racergirl must be a baller :flatbiller: cause in vegas i thought turn signals were an upgrade. Not many people have them in thier vehicles :shots::laughing:

In L.A., we just use our finger for a turn signal. :think::flipoff:

P.S. I never had my daytime lights go out on the S-10. :thumb: they will now that I just said that though.

Good damn thing you haven't then Sean! You wouldn't be able to see SH*T huh?! :finger:

Thanks to all that had helpful suggestions :D ...he took it apart and found one of the new bulbs had came loose.

Glad to hear he figured it out and it was something simple. Hey tell Mike I said hi will ya, Lisa? :D:laughing:

Good damn thing you haven't then Sean! You wouldn't be able to see SH*T huh?! :finger:

Glad to hear he figured it out and it was something simple. Hey tell Mike I said hi will ya, Lisa? :D:laughing:

sorry to highjack.......2003 taho speedometer will go crazy or get stuck at 120, a few days later, go back to working fine...changed the speed sensor and did it a few mo later...some say they have a recall on gauge cluster...any info would be great thanks :flipoff:

sorry to highjack.......2003 taho speedometer will go crazy or get stuck at 120, a few days later, go back to working fine...changed the speed sensor and did it a few mo later...some say they have a recall on gauge cluster...any info would be great thanks :beercheers:

yep, you need a cluster. There is a special policy on them. ;)

do you know if there is a certain milage they wont warranty them, i have about 62,000 now :beercheers:

Coverage is up to 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service. The dealer should know about the sp. policy. If they don't, here is the special policy number: 07187A

Seems like every chevy pickup that i follow behind has either a brake light out or a tail light out. I think its been a problem since around 2000.

There was a problem with the tail light sockets/ circuit boards on the older ones, but not the newer ones you are talking about. :offtopic:

Coverage is up to 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service. The dealer should know about the sp. policy. If they don't, here is the special policy number: 07187A

There was a problem with the tail light sockets/ circuit boards on the older ones, but not the newer ones you are talking about. :dunno:

THANKS A LOT....I NO BOTHER YOU NO MO............ :laughoff: