DishNetwork Question

HappyHour

For those of you that have dishnetwork, I was wondering if there was a trick to finding both satellites (110 and 119)? I recently went to DN from DTV because of a deal I got. I'm happy with DN, just the last time I went camping which was the first time with DN, I could only find satellite 119 and had a hard time getting sat. 110 with anything more than 20% signal strength.

Any advice would be appreciated.......... :B

For those of you that have dishnetwork, I was wondering if there was a trick to finding both satellites (110 and 119)? I recently went to DN from DTV because of a deal I got. I'm happy with DN, just the last time I went camping which was the first time with DN, I could only find satellite 119 and had a hard time getting sat. 110 with anything more than 20% signal strength.

Any advice would be appreciated.......... :B

go back to dtv :laughing:

go back to dtv :dope:

Good point Bob. ^^^

Hey Mike,

I've had DN for 3 years out in the dunes.

I always had to run "Check Switch" every time I move the box from house dish to RV dish. PIA

I obviously set it up a few times out in Dumont.

Sometimes it could take me up to 45minutes to get it setup. :laughoff: total hit and miss. never knew why.

And I've got all the tools, a compass, satellite finder, park in same place and all that chit.

So, recently I switched to Direct. Seems a lot easier now.

Takes like 2-7 minutes depending if I have to get another beer or not.

Good luck with it, but I'd say when your contract is over, go back to Direct. :no_no:

PM me if you think I could help in any way.

:beercheers:

R-

Good point Bob. ^^^

Hey Mike,

I've had DN for 3 years out in the dunes.

I always had to run "Check Switch" every time I move the box from house dish to RV dish. PIA

I obviously set it up a few times out in Dumont.

Sometimes it could take me up to 45minutes to get it setup. :laughoff: total hit and miss. never knew why.

And I've got all the tools, a compass, satellite finder, park in same place and all that chit.

So, recently I switched to Direct. Seems a lot easier now.

Takes like 2-7 minutes depending if I have to get another beer or not.

Good luck with it, but I'd say when your contract is over, go back to Direct. :no_no:

PM me if you think I could help in any way.

:beercheers:

R-

Thanks bud!!! I talked with a service guy and he gave me a few pointers. But in the end he basically said that once I find one satellite, just to move the dish ever-so-slightly to find the other with better signal strength. I'll be out there the weekend before Halloween and give it another shot. I'll get back to you on how it goes............ :lol:

:dope: