Where do I find GOOD trailer repair and advice.

eli

Well had the wheel bearings repacked 2 months ago and this is what happened on my way back from Utah. Thank goodness the wheel fell off at slow speed and not coming down the 8% grade into Cedar City.

Now what do I do? The spindle looks bent and I don't think I'll be taking it back to guy that repacked the bearings. If it's bent does that mean a new axle? Seems whatever was left of the bearing rattled around in there for a while.

Eli

post-3407-1222648488_thumb.jpg

post-3407-1222648511_thumb.jpg

post-3407-1222648532_thumb.jpg

Edited by eli

yep, looks very dry. I think you'll be needing a new axle there eli. :( I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that shaft is all one part of the whole axle. :freakin_nuts:

You're in Vegas right? If so, hit up Carson Trailer on Boulder Hwy. They do repairs like that and can help you out. Ask for Lorin (he's the owner). Great guy.

Well had the wheel bearings repacked 2 months ago and this is what happened on my way back from Utah. Thank goodness the wheel fell off at slow speed and not coming down the 8% grade into Cedar City.

Now what do I do? The spindle looks bent and I don't think I'll be taking it back to guy that repacked the bearings. If it's bent does that mean a new axle? Seems whatever was left of the bearing rattled around in there for a while.

Eli

post-3407-1222648488_thumb.jpg

post-3407-1222648511_thumb.jpg

post-3407-1222648532_thumb.jpg

Looks a little like the axel is slid into the tubing for a weld of some sort. You may be able to get the end piece as most "solid" axels are only the spindles. I can weld you in a new one for the DDR price of $0.oo. let me know. You supply the spindle of course !

Looks a little like the axel is slid into the tubing for a weld of some sort. You may be able to get the end piece as most "solid" axels are only the spindles. I can weld you in a new one for the DDR price of $0.oo. let me know. You supply the spindle of course !

Picture doesn't show it well but the axle is a square tube below the spindle. A short piece of tube seen below the spindle connects it the axle. It's all welded together. I think I'll need the hub too and haven't had much luck searching for parts. It's a 88 DICO.

Eli

Picture doesn't show it well but the axle is a square tube below the spindle. A short piece of tube seen below the spindle connects it the axle. It's all welded together. I think I'll need the hub too and haven't had much luck searching for parts. It's a 88 DICO.

Eli

I see it. The spindle is in a round tube and that is welded to the actual axel. If you need welding on this I will hook you up !

You're in Vegas right? If so, hit up Carson Trailer on Boulder Hwy. They do repairs like that and can help you out. Ask for Lorin (he's the owner). Great guy.

Hey Pete,

Did they move? The phone book shows them on North Las Vegas Blvd.

Eli

Last I checked they are still on B Hwy. :beercheers:

Found them in Henderson. Owner seems like a great guy. They are a ways from me but likely worth the drive. Now the next problem may not be what's sitting in the driveway but talking myself out of what was sitting in their lot :D

Thanks

Eli

Edited by eli

they have 2 offices.. one on the strip and one on boulder highway... I drove past there the other day and the trailers and stuff was still there.

*Carson Trailer - Henderson, NV

1100 N. Boulder Hwy

Henderson, NV 89015

Got that address from Carsons Website.

http://www.carsontrailer.com