Guns

ash

Terry it sounds like you are talking from previous experience. :rockwoot::thumb::beercheers::grin:

:drinkbeer:

Maybe just a little :D . We used to have a biker bar in Henderson and we would go in 2 officers in the front door and 2 more thru the rear door. Amazing the crap that hit the floor when they heard a couple of 12 gauges rack a round. Damm those were the good old days! :rockwoot::grin:

i have been doing some research in close quarters combat for when I was living in my apartment and found that a nice glock 30 w/ tangible rounds would be the best solution for my needs... that way I don’t have to worry about a stray bullet killing the neighbors by accident if I ever (knock on wood I will never have to) open fire upon a perpetrator

There are safety slugs out there for any weapon http://www.corbon.com/ this round is designed specifically not to exit any person. It is a round that has numerous, small lead pellets in it. I have seen this round fired point blank range into a wood wall and did not come through the other side. So if you are concerned with a round going through someone, try this for any weapon.

I think a short barrelled (legal) 12 gauge pump is the most effective weapon in a in home attack. First it can safely be left unchambered with the safety on and it becomes very difficult for a child to "rack a round". Second I can tell you from experience that when you "rack a round" it makes everybody around pay attention! Third #7 or #6 shot makes a nice hole in whatever it may strike at a close distance but does not have the power to penetrate apartment walls etc. after any kind of distance since it spreads out. Very formidable weapon!

I have a Remington 870 Express (one of the most reliable shotguns). I tell my wife, if you hear something in the house, just rack one in the tube and if they still stay there after hearing that, just fire in the general direction and you are bound to hit something....just make sure it's not me or the kids :beercheers: Also, I use 00buck in mine, this will make sure you are not being judged by an intruder that's still breathing.

You guys have some great guns..

I have a Ruger P90DC, 0.45 staggered black talons/hydroshocks in clip

------ Mini 40 Fire Storm, 0.40 S&W LOUD freakin thing

------ 1960'ish CZ .35mm, i've never used it trying to find parts....

And YES the Black Talons are illegal to sell but, NOT to own. I've had a few metros try to confiscate them, till the sheriff set em straight!

When my uncle gave me his AK there was black talons in it! I just keep them and never use them just ave them for novelty reasons.My uncle is a surgeon and he absolutely hates working on black talon victims cause when the bullet is shot the tip of the bullet opens up like the talons of a bird of prey ripping up all the flesh it passes through!(tip of the bullet is black w/ small slices of meal the open up and spread when fired).

I also have some nylon/teflon combo bullets that can go through a bulletproof vest like butter but I don't use those either.Alot of people that I meet at gun shows ask for both black talon and nylon/teflon bullets but I just say that I don't have them.

When my uncle gave me his AK there was black talons in it! I just keep them and never use them just ave them for novelty reasons.My uncle is a surgeon and he absolutely hates working on black talon victims cause when the bullet is shot the tip of the bullet opens up like the talons of a bird of prey ripping up all the flesh it passes through!(tip of the bullet is black w/ small slices of meal the open up and spread when fired).

I also have some nylon/teflon combo bullets that can go through a bulletproof vest like butter but I don't use those either.Alot of people that I meet at gun shows ask for both black talon and nylon/teflon bullets but I just say that I don't have them.

Do you sell ammo?

All right, I said I wouldn't, but with all this gun talk I'll fess up on the home protection front.....

I currently have a Mossberg 500a 12g shotgun.......18" barrel w/ heat shield and pistol grip mounted (also came with 28" barrel and rifle butt). I usually keep 00 steel buck shot in it....the gift that keeps giving.

I also have a Para-Ordinance .45 - standard with a 13 shot clip (this came stock with the gun). It was used for competition so it has a re-done slide and trigger. Shoots like butter with little to zero kick up. Smoothest .45 I've ever shot, and I've shot a few to know better. I strategically put my son in the room that isn't "down range"...so my motto at home is..."come on down, you're the next contestant in this house was the wrong house to rob!!" :D

I have a few other weapons and books....but they have different purposes....like hunting.

Edited by cmyfirepole

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap - life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket."

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.)

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than "4".

25. You can't miss fast enough to win.

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap - life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket."

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.)

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than "4".

25. You can't miss fast enough to win.

I like it :laughoff:

I would like to ask the henderson, vegas peeps on this board where the best indoor shooting range is.I went to the one at blue diamond road and they said that i could only shoot anything that is less than a 7.62x54 round bullet.WTF! :beercheers: Other than that I was shooting only my mag .22 rifle!

I would like to ask the henderson, vegas peeps on this board where the best indoor shooting range is.I went to the one at blue diamond road and they said that i could only shoot anything that is less than a 7.62x54 round bullet.WTF! :beercheers: Other than that I was shooting only my mag .22 rifle!

Because your using such a hot round (assault) you're going to be hard pressed to find a range that will let you shoot those. You'll more than likely go through the lead recovery system and possibly out the back wall.....NO GOOD!! Did you try American Gun Club on Arville and Spring Mtn?

I believe Discount Firearms on Highland allows 7.62 rounds and I think The Gun Store on Tropicana will allow it. Discount Firearms is your best bet. They have a long fire line and move a tremendous amount of air through the range.