Guns

ash

Hopefully this won't get deleted but here goes. I am an avid gun collector. What is your weapon of choice? If you have pics, post them, I'd love to see what everyone has.

I'm a glock guy. I'm not a collector but I have a few. I carry my Glock 17(my old dept issued). I have a clock 22 and 31. Thats all I have....

These are in the picture: (Top) 2- Springfield Armory Ultra Compact .45, Sig Sauer P232 .380

(Bottom) Springfield Aromory XD .45 service, Keltec P3AT .380, Glock 36 .45 and always have a knife..the one pictured is my favorite Blackhawk Crucible FX fixed blade. The only pistol missing is a S&W model 642 .38 which is in my wife's truck at the moment :shocked2:

post-625-1146344707_thumb.jpg

My little collection

post-625-1146344775_thumb.jpg

My daily conceal carry

post-625-1146344837_thumb.jpg

XD .45 4" Service with Surefire light attached

HK40 USP with match weight comp, 308 heavy barrel custom built, not pictured is the Ruger P95DC, Beretta 92

post-693-1146320924_thumb.jpg

post-693-1146320943_thumb.jpg

post-693-1146320977_thumb.jpg

post-693-1146321025_thumb.jpg

Love the rifle! Where is the Beretta? Also, what is the MATCH slide for? Is that for comp shooting? I'd like to shoot the rifle at long distance to see what it would do. I have a Remington 8000 series 7mm but it's hard to shoot with my shoulder surgery back in September. I'm looking for a new 870 Shotgun for home defense and tomorrow I'm possibly getting a new Glock .357 and/or a Lady Smith for my wife chambered .357. At least this will give her the option to fire .38+p and .357. I'd like to put together a shoot date for anyone interested. Discount Firearms on Highland seems to have the best shooting range. I am very careful where I shoot in the desert, never know who's riding their quads out there.

Sig Sauer P220 .45 with a nice little collection of 230gr Federal Hydroshock for that occasional Thug or Meth Head that may initially think that my family or belongings are easy pickings.

Colt 1991A1 .45 Compact Commander. Couple of rifles and shotguns in 22 caliber and 12 guage.

Ash, that's a very nice collection that you've started there. I particularly like that 308. Same thing I won a few 1000yd Matches with during my tours on the US Marine Corps Rifle Team. Not alot of rounds down range since my retiremnet in 03 but I get out to do the occasional plinking in the desert and at the rec range aboard the base here in 29.

That rifle of yours might come in handy while the North Pole is being desecrated.

just curious don as to why california people would have to be carefull of this thread. i know ca laws suck major a$$ but this is only a discussion

I don't know why either....but I definetly don't feel comfortable advertising what I have. Just preference I guess......just be sure that I'm packing and I am not going to make an easy victim.

i have been doing some research in close quarters combat for when I was living in my apartment and found that a nice glock 30 w/ tangible rounds would be the best solution for my needs... that way I don’t have to worry about a stray bullet killing the neighbors by accident if I ever (knock on wood I will never have to) open fire upon a perpetrator

i have been doing some research in close quarters combat for when I was living in my apartment and found that a nice glock 30 w/ tangible rounds would be the best solution for my needs... that way I don’t have to worry about a stray bullet killing the neighbors by accident if I ever (knock on wood I will never have to) open fire upon a perpetrator

I think a short barrelled (legal) 12 gauge pump is the most effective weapon in a in home attack. First it can safely be left unchambered with the safety on and it becomes very difficult for a child to "rack a round". Second I can tell you from experience that when you "rack a round" it makes everybody around pay attention! Third #7 or #6 shot makes a nice hole in whatever it may strike at a close distance but does not have the power to penetrate apartment walls etc. after any kind of distance since it spreads out. Very formidable weapon!

i remember hearing almost the exact statement from a sherriff friend of my dads 20+ years ago about the shotgun as a home defense weapon and it has stuck with me ever since.

I think a short barrelled (legal) 12 gauge pump is the most effective weapon in a in home attack. First it can safely be left unchambered with the safety on and it becomes very difficult for a child to "rack a round". Second I can tell you from experience that when you "rack a round" it makes everybody around pay attention! Third #7 or #6 shot makes a nice hole in whatever it may strike at a close distance but does not have the power to penetrate apartment walls etc. after any kind of distance since it spreads out. Very formidable weapon!

I'd have to agree with that also. 12 gauge rounds come in all shapes and sizes.......and they won't go through everything before stopping. Especially if you have around 18" barrel with a pistol grip.... :beercheers: Good for tight quarters and nice spread for sleepy eyes.

Terry it sounds like you are talking from previous experience. :rockwoot::rockwoot::beercheers::thumb:

:drinkbeer:

I concur with that statement of facts. Alot of times just the undeniable sound of chambering a round in a shotgun is enough to avoid a fatal conflict.

but its also a much larger weapon a little harder to conceal in the household.. and you give away the element of surprise... i want these bastards STOPPED... not running so they can invade someone elses privacy.. :D

I concur with that statement of facts. Alot of times just the undeniable sound of chambering a round in a shotgun is enough to avoid a fatal conflict.

I would agree.I wouldn't want to kill the intruder-anybody that knows me and the guns that I have-it would definitely happen if it was the case! I will let the cops kill em for me!Got alot of great guns-AK-47 fun but definitely expensive to shoot-polish mouser w/7.65x54 round bullets-.38 special-pk-102 sniper rifle-30-30 rifle.Marlin magnum .22 rifle. All are great next time I go to the firing range I will post up pics its better seeing these guns in action anyways.For some reason when I went to the firing range they said I could not use my sniper rifle or my AK-47 they said that I had to use the one that they own and my sniper rifle has too much penetrating power and damages the walls of the shoooting range.