Our 1st Christmas at Dumont . . .
We pulled into Dumont on Thursday at 2100 hours. We unloaded very quickly due to the freezing cold weather and mild wind storm.
Friday morning came and the weather was beautiful. The mild wind provided smooth dunes with the sun providing the perfect warm temperature for riding. We unloaded a few things, had breakfast and then headed out for our first quad ride. Jim led a great “girl” quad ride. The dunes where smooth, felt like heaven on my sand paddles. (At times it was like floating on air) We made our way to the North Pole for a few minutes; just enough time to get the tingle out of my finger tips. Then we headed back out into the dunes making our way to camp.
I made the Boyz lunch and decorated my Christmas tree. Which I am surprise the tree made it… Before leaving for Dumont, I went to a tree lot to purchase a ‘little’ tree. Well, when I got there the gentleman assisting me said, “any size tree, they are all the same price.” … Wrong thing to say to me … I said, “Whatever tree you can fit on that Ford Explorer, I will take it.” After the guys loaded a 9-10ft tree, I headed home where Bill had to help me unload it and put in the bed of my truck. “It was not fun!” The tree traveled from Vegas to Dumont long ways along the back window of my truck, hanging off the truck about two feet on each side. “Yes, this caused an argument with my husband and me.” (It was my first time away from home for Christmas, so the tree gave me some sense of Cheer!) And I definitely enjoyed it. I left it behind – so who knows what happened next … I am sure someone lit it up!
Later that afternoon Mike’s friend Aaron and his wife arrived safely. So, the guys headed out for another ride while they unloaded. I took this time to clean and putt around the RZR. Hours later Mike’s girlfriend Jodi arrived safely. We enjoyed a few drinks and laughs by the camp fire.
It’s Christmas Eve - / Wakey, Wakey eggs and bayceee / - Just when I looked out the door to see if we were going on a ride. Jodi was all geared up and ready…and before I could say, give me 5min, she was gone! I guess, she was itching to ride –lol- So, I loaded the RZR with drinks for Bill and me. Mike and Aaron in their toys and we headed out for a ride to the North Pole. I took passenger seat in Bill’s RZR – and you can bet, I was screaming at my husband! LMAO “oh’ Snap” / “I’m going to kick your azz” / “go, go, go” / “Screeeeeaaaaaaammmmmmm” / “REALLY, did you have to do that!!!” But it was FUN… (I secretly love giving my husband sh!t)
Later that afternoon Jodi and I headed out for a ride. Jodi led a safe and fun ride for the both of us. We arrived at the North Pole, were we sat an chatted about how men are such azzholes – LOL- “sorry, guys – I know you do it about us, except we’re Biiioootttcchhheeessss” On our way back to camp we crossed paths with the guys in our camp, they appeared to be having a great time J Jodi and I made it back in time to prepare lunch for the guys.
Somewhere in between all this, a few guys arrived at our camp to go for a ride… Mike hopped on his quad, Aaron in his toy, Bill in his RZR and me in the other RZR…We left camp and the leader of this ride took off like corvette on steroids – * f- this ride, I am taking the flats around to North Pole! I made it there just in time … From the angle I was sitting on a dune it appeared Steve’s RZR reach a bottom of a razor back (possible accident)… I went over there to make sure he was okay, well… he was fine, but Mike on the other hand – he had a little accident.
It’s Christmas Day and the sun is shining! Wakey, Wakey, Jodi’s Blitzes are ready! Warm strawberry jam on top of a blintz – “party in my mouth”
Now it’s time for a car ride with Mike… We headed out towards CompHill where a fellow duner needed assistance. While the guys assisted another duner, I enjoyed playing on CompHill in Bill’s RZR –… I hit the accelerator pedal and reached the top of comp and screamed Weeeeeeeeeeeee, Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the way down. When I reached the bottom, I looked at everyone and said, “One more time”. One more time turned into about six more times J Much Fun! Okay, broken toy is now fixed, time to get back in Mike’s toy and head out for a ride … I didn’t scream at Mike like I do at my husband, but I sure was thinking it! Sharp turn to the right and there went my clean hair! He left sand in places that there shouldn’t be sand. *just sayin’ we spent time relaxing at the North Pole and then headed back to camp.
I know there is so much more I am forgetting… I guess when I watch the GoPro video’s I will be reminded of all the great rides. This was a great weekend! We are planning on leaving Friday to go back for the New Year’s!
***Wishing all of you a great New Year***
It was very nice to meet Aaron and Debbie.
For this being our first Christmas at Dumont, I am hoping this will now be our new family tradition
.
Thanks everyone for an amazing weekend. And for everyone that could not make it – I hope your Christmas weekend was fabulous.
Cheers to 2012!!!