accident coming back from D

dunefreak

I saw everyone wondering chattin about it in the shoutbox so I thought I'd post up to let them know what was up.

Coming back from D last night we were coming down the bottom of Mt Potisi on the 160 (Blue Diamond rd). Traffic was stopped and backed up for a while. It finally started moving but NHP told all of us trucks w/ trailers to pull over before hand. The road was completely blocked. A early/ mid 90's Dodge Ram and a GMC Yukon hit head on. You couldn't even tell that the Yukon was a Yukon unless you looked at the back door. It was balled up bad. Dodge was pretty bad too, but it seemed not quite as bad I guess. Sad part is there were no survivors. They had sheets over all the occupants in both vehicles. :(

They let us pass but it was down off the highway on the opposite side of the road on the shoulder. Kinda scary to see the hauler at that angle. :ah:

I'm guessing one of the trucks was trying to pass and hit the other vehicle at full speed head on. It was horrible to see. It kind of makes you realize how quickly life can come to an end. Be extremely careful out there on 160 you guys. :( It is a very dangerous stretch of 2 lane hwy.

And no, out of respect for those in the accident- we don't have any pics so don't ask.

There was a bike accident on saturday when I was coming back. Bike looked pretty mangled, not sure how hurt anyone was.

Prayers are with the friends and family of the deceased. :(

Its really sad that people feel the need to race up that road and try to pass people. Had a few passing me saturday and I wasnt even pulling my trailer, so I was going a decent speed, but it just wasnt fast enough for some behind me.

soon as I read Petes post about a Yukon being involved, my heart dropped. I thought of B-rad. I made my brother call him first thing this morning. Thank goodness wasnt him. Very sad some lost their lives. :(

I would have know if it was B-rad's.

This was a brand new 08 or 09 white Yukon.

Our prayers go out to the families. It was an awful site to see. My father-in-law Chuck said he saw it on the news. He told my wife that the report said the Yukon was swerving thru traffic passing everyone before it had happened. Just a reminder to everyone, trying to get there 20 min earlier is not worth dying over. Everyone be safe this season. It's not how fast you get there, it's just that you get there safely! :lol:

Our prayers go out to the families. It was an awful site to see. My father-in-law Chuck said he saw it on the news. He told my wife that the report said the Yukon was swerving thru traffic passing everyone before it had happened. Just a reminder to everyone, trying to get there 20 min earlier is not worth dying over. Everyone be safe this season. It's not how fast you get there, it's just that you get there safely! :beercheers:

you mean i shouldnt do 110+ going down 127 with a tall boy in my hand :P

Our prayers go out to the families. It was an awful site to see. My father-in-law Chuck said he saw it on the news. He told my wife that the report said the Yukon was swerving thru traffic passing everyone before it had happened. Just a reminder to everyone, trying to get there 20 min earlier is not worth dying over. Everyone be safe this season. It's not how fast you get there, it's just that you get there safely! :beercheers:

Yeah I read on the news websites about that. It said both vehicles were a woman driving with no other passengers. They were both killed. The lady in the white Yukon was recklessly passing on the shoulder and then crossed the solid line on that curve and hit the Dodge. (probably at full speed by the looks of it)