Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm sure you cant hot lap it :think:

You can run it all day up the hill only stoping for gas and heat will never be an issue. I think that your under the impression that strokers are ticking time bombs waiting to go off. Not true, if everthing is correct then there is very little worry.

  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

You can run it all day up the hill only stoping for gas and heat will never be an issue. I think that your under the impression that strokers are ticking time bombs waiting to go off. Not true, if everthing is correct then there is very little worry.

that means more racing :think::clap::lol:

Posted (edited)

12mill, drag frame..etc.

I don't know what you paid for your 12mil or what kind of hp you're getting out of it, but I do know that I paid $200 for a stock 140hp street bike motor that pushed my bike up the hill at 68-70mph every trip out without a single problem. I own a banshee and I paid more for the port job on that and it only puts out 70hp@51mph.

Edited by DP315
Posted

I don't know what you paid for your 12mil or what kind of hp you're getting out of it, but I do know that I paid $200 for a stock 140hp street bike motor that pushed my bike up the hill at 68-70mph every trip out without a single problem. I own a banshee and I paid more for the port job on that and it only puts out 70hp@51mph.

damm sounds like u got a deal on that bro! Wouldnt a good ported banshee run a little faster than that tho?

Posted

The majority of 450's with bolt on parts are only doing 43 to 48.

I would think the one's that are bored out are doing that speed,

Does any one know how fast the 450's are at four stroke wars?

Posted

I would think the one's that are bored out are doing that speed,

Does any one know how fast the 450's are at four stroke wars?

Not very :stir:

There is a reason that the 4 strokes and motorcycle motor quads stay away from the built banshees.

It takes alot more money to make a 4 stroke fast.

I am not knocking 4 strokes,but they can't run with 2 strokes. :offtopic:

It depends who builds the Banshee motor on how reliable they are.

Posted

Not very :stir:

There is a reason that the 4 strokes and motorcycle motor quads stay away from the built banshees.

It takes alot more money to make a 4 stroke fast.

I am not knocking 4 strokes,but they can't run with 2 strokes. :offtopic:

It depends who builds the Banshee motor on how reliable they are.

i agree

the 2 stroke motor is so damn simple

Posted

The majority of 450's with bolt on parts are only doing 43 to 48.

Are you guys talkin about comp or banshee hill? I dont know what I run up banshee hill but up comp my stock bore, stock port banshee runs 50...

Posted

Are you guys talkin about comp or banshee hill? I dont know what I run up banshee hill but up comp my stock bore, stock port banshee runs 50...

Banshee hill

Posted

I don't know what you paid for your 12mil or what kind of hp you're getting out of it, but I do know that I paid $200 for a stock 140hp street bike motor that pushed my bike up the hill at 68-70mph every trip out without a single problem. I own a banshee and I paid more for the port job on that and it only puts out 70hp@51mph.

Probably paid about the same for the whole bike as it cost to put togeather a fast street bike powered banshee.. maybe alittle more but not much. The 12 will run 80+ up banshee every trip out without a SINGLE PROBLEM. Somewhere in the 140-150hp range. Like I said I've never been beat by a street bike powered quad and the one that does beat me is gonna have a lot of money in it.

Posted

Probably paid about the same for the whole bike as it cost to put togeather a fast street bike powered banshee.. maybe alittle more but not much. The 12 will run 80+ up banshee every trip out without a SINGLE PROBLEM. Somewhere in the 140-150hp range. Like I said I've never been beat by a street bike powered quad and the one that does beat me is gonna have a lot of money in it.

That true, if a street bike powered quad is going to keep up with any thing above a 12 mil it is going to need a turbo on it and that can cost from 3-6K for the kit.

how much money do you think it would cost to build a 24 mil banshee with all the extras; drag frame, axel, suspension, arms, built 24 mil engine that bored out, pipes, ect. I truly mean building a banshee that is extremely fast! How much?

Posted

That true, if a street bike powered quad is going to keep up with any thing above a 12 mil it is going to need a turbo on it and that can cost from 3-6K for the kit.

how much money do you think it would cost to build a 24 mil banshee with all the extras; drag frame, axel, suspension, arms, built 24 mil engine that bored out, pipes, ect. I truly mean building a banshee that is extremely fast! How much?

It's gonna take alittle more then putting a turbo on a motor to get it to beat a 24..

Posted

That true, if a street bike powered quad is going to keep up with any thing above a 12 mil it is going to need a turbo on it and that can cost from 3-6K for the kit.

how much money do you think it would cost to build a 24 mil banshee with all the extras; drag frame, axel, suspension, arms, built 24 mil engine that bored out, pipes, ect. I truly mean building a banshee that is extremely fast! How much?

I know a 20 mil motor is 11000+

Rolling chassis 4 to 6000 used.

Posted

It's gonna take alittle more then putting a turbo on a motor to get it to beat a 24..

I dont know, those street bike motors really wake up when you turbo them.

Posted

I dont know, those street bike motors really wake up when you turbo them.

:mischevious: You do relize how fast a well built 24 is right? A turbo wakes anything up but a 24 is just plain stupid fast. DP315 is building a turbo bike right? I'm curious to see if it will beat our 12.. let alone a 24. When is that bad boy gonna be done?

Posted

:mischevious: You do relize how fast a well built 24 is right? A turbo wakes anything up but a 24 is just plain stupid fast. DP315 is building a turbo bike right? I'm curious to see if it will beat our 12.. let alone a 24. When is that bad boy gonna be done?

The power to weight ratio of a 2 stroke is hard to beat. I've done some numbers and on the low end I'll be around 200hp and the high end will be 250hp. It will likely be a 500lb bike though. I'm shooting for a gearing combo that will yield 80-85mph. I suspect that will be very competive with a 12mil.

Who knows what guys really run in their bikes, but with my stock R1 I beat guys claiming to have 10mils and been beaten by guys claiming to have 10mils, so who knows.

The motor is in the frame now and I'm working on the turbo plenum as we speak. I would like to have it done for the night drags.

post-400-1229190144_thumb.jpg

Posted

The power to weight ratio of a 2 stroke is hard to beat. I've done some numbers and on the low end I'll be around 200hp and the high end will be 250hp. It will likely be a 500lb bike though. I'm shooting for a gearing combo that will yield 80-85mph. I suspect that will be very competive with a 12mil.

Who knows what guys really run in their bikes, but with my stock R1 I beat guys claiming to have 10mils and been beaten by guys claiming to have 10mils, so who knows.

The motor is in the frame now and I'm working on the turbo plenum as we speak. I would like to have it done for the night drags.

I wish I would be out there when you guys line up with the banshees.I have never seen any 4 strokes or motorcycle motor bikes line up with the fast banshees.

A drag banshee will weigh about 250lb.

A 12 mil will run 80+ on the left side and 90+ on the right side of the hill.

I think the builder has alot to do with how fast the bike is. You might beat some slower 10 mils.

I have seen 12 mils beat some 18 mils but they won't if they are from the same builder.

A 150lb rider helps.

Posted

I wish I would be out there when you guys line up with the banshees.I have never seen any 4 strokes or motorcycle motor bikes line up with the fast banshees.

A drag banshee will weigh about 250lb.

A 12 mil will run 80+ on the left side and 90+ on the right side of the hill.

I think the builder has alot to do with how fast the bike is. You might beat some slower 10 mils.

I have seen 12 mils beat some 18 mils but they won't if they are from the same builder.

A 150lb rider helps.

If the 12's are doing 90 what are the 18&24's doing ?

Posted

If the 12's are doing 90 what are the 18&24's doing ?

Ive seen a certian 18mm go 94.

I have read this whole enchilada.

The faster the streetbike quads go the heavier they get. The Faster the 2-strokes got the lighter they get. Plus the design of the engines alone. A 2 stroke makes power in 2 strokes where as a 4stroke makes it in ??? 4!

I dunno. My money is on the big 2strokes.

:rolleyes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...