calling all mr goodwrenches

ltr450

ya thanks it a 2.2 liter.. but there is is no pvc valve on the valve cover..I called chevy and they sell the part but couldn't tell me, or had no information on the location of it.. The parts guy talked to one of the techs and sad to replace the valve cover

ya thanks it a 2.2 liter.. but there is is no pvc valve on the valve cover..I called chevy and they sell the part but couldn't tell me, or had no information on the location of it.. The parts guy talked to one of the techs and sad to replace the valve cover

No you dont have to replace the valve cover...just like Dunefreak said you unscrew the black plastic ring and pull the pcv valve out.

Thanks for the input guys..but what is on the valve cover, is totally different than what a pcv valve is or supposed to be .. I'v checked out some other sites and it must be a mystery or something.. The only reason i'm trying to replace it, is that there is a lot of oil that's blowing back in the throttle body is all

I double checked on it for ya. ;)

General Description...

A crankcase ventilation system is used to provide scavenging of the crankcase vapors. Blow-by gases are passed through a crankcase ventilation oil/air separator into the air cleaner outlet resonator. The oil/air separator is inside the valve rocker arm cover and allows any scavenged oil to be returned to the crankcase.

Operation...

The only flow through the oil/air separator is the combustion blow-by, as there is no fresh air inlet to the crankcase. The primary flow of blow-by into the separator is through the openings inside the valve rocker arm cover. The oil/air separator causes oil, which may be suspended in the blow-by gases, to be separated and drain back to the crankcase. The blow-by gases are then drawn into the air cleaner outlet resonator by normal engine vacuum and burned in the combustion process.

Ya know now that I think of it, the newer 2.2's no longer have a PCV valve. Yours is probably just a fixed orifice port inside a metal fitting that is on the valve cover. It's not serviceable.

what you described here is what is going on..the fitting that's on the valve cover is fixed with on o-ring..

These little truck are great on gas.. but what a pain in the a$$ to work on.. But thanks for the help

:offtopic: sorry I'm just a plumber it's just a habit

have you ever heard the saying.nothing dumber than a plumber? :censored::flipoff: HABIT?I hope your not biting your nails @ the end of the day. :dunno::laughing: and Wednesday is pay day & :lol: runs down hill.sorry petie i couldn`t help myself.

have you ever heard the saying.nothing dumber than a plumber? :whistle::rolleyes: HABIT?I hope your not biting your nails @ the end of the day. :blink::beerpint: and Wednesday is pay day & :assblast: runs down hill.sorry petie i couldn`t help myself.

Nothing dumber than a plumber :lol::lol::slap: