Trail Ride 5/13 Sat

Kens Colors

Anybody feel like riding from Cold Creek up and over Wheeler Pass?? Gonna go tomorrow Morning and scope out which road you can pull campers up from the pahrump side. Should be nice and cool up there!!

Edited by Ken's Colors

Yea I got a ton of stuff to do too...........so I guess I am going to ride anyway :thumb: Just got done riding from my neigborhood to my buddies house and loaded quad up there. I have to figure out the right road to get up in there with campers I saw several up in the big pine trees the only time I rode up there, but I know you can't bring a camper up from the cold creek side although you can camp at cold creek but I am sure it will be much cooler up in the pines, I need a close place to camp and ride when it is Hot and I think it is now officially summer!!

Good camp spot is by Wheeler Spring on the map, we have taken 32' toyhaulers up there many times. It is way cooler and has nice trees and lots of road/trail riding. If you go past the spring there is a 3-4 mile long jeep trail that pops out above Indian Springs. Some spots are washed out but that makes it fun.

If you are a geocache freak we put out a cache there called Juevos well over a year ago and so far only one guy on a dirtbike found it, wrecked twice and burnt his leg on his exhaust.

BLM, USFS, or gps topo maps will show wheeler spring and 2 roads going up into the mtns from Pahrump and they are both called wheeler rd or wheeler pass road and they y into each other up the hill. If you find wheeler pass the road from there to Pahrump will go by wheeler spring or as the locals call it, the horse trough.

Great day riding we rode all the way into pahrump gassed our quads up and drove the quads thru a drive thru restaraunt. Put a total of 90 miles on. That is the most miles in one day for me. But I am ready to ride some more right now.

Oh to get there the way I went take 95 north turn left at the prisons, cold creek exit. Follow that rode up into the village of cold creek and off to the right is the begining of trails.