Feb Dune pic of the Month- vote now

dunefreak

Dune Pic of the Month  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who's pic should be the new Dune Pic of the Month on the homepage?

• BLUE STEEL
    • JILL
    • dumontdude10
    • RaptorMike
    • 80grit
    • RUn2it
    • 90+ PLUS
    • jackxclan
    • b370
    • NACHOOOO MOG
    • Sin City RzR
    • sand chick
    • .Al
    • tylerthehucker
    • NE14SAND
    • vegas style

That pic was off to the right hand side of comp hill near the corner. I rotated 90 degrees looking back towards banshee hill and shot this one. Behind me was blue skys and sun. Straight ahead was this pure black clouds and wind blowing like crazy. The pictures dont capture how bad those storm clouds looked being there. I was ready to race back to camp but it never did rain. Just looked like it was going to.

post-14-1233212875_thumb.jpg

Cool photo...but you might have a better chance of winning the "Pic of the month" on Glamisdunes.com !!

:DDRrocks: Actually it doesn't matter where the pic was taken...as long as it's a dune related pic. It's the DUNE pic of the month, not DUMONT pic of the month. ;)

That pic was off to the right hand side of comp hill near the corner. I rotated 90 degrees looking back towards banshee hill and shot this one. Behind me was blue skys and sun. Straight ahead was this pure black clouds and wind blowing like crazy. The pictures dont capture how bad those storm clouds looked being there. I was ready to race back to camp but it never did rain. Just looked like it was going to.

Holy :poop: those clouds almost look like hail or tornado clouds! Congrats on the win!! Great pics

:dunno: Actually it doesn't matter where the pic was taken...as long as it's a dune related pic. It's the DUNE pic of the month, not DUMONT pic of the month. ;)

Thanks for the clarification... :freakin_nuts: but see...., the people wisely chose the insane DUMONT pic !!

Hope you don't mind I tweaked your pic to see the clouds a little better. Digital data is great. Click it.

post-1632-1233306565_thumb.jpg

Edited by RUn2it

Hope you don't mind I tweaked your pic to see the clouds a little better. Digital data is great. Click it.

post-1632-1233306565_thumb.jpg

I like it. What did you use? Aperature? Photoshop? I should send you the High Res Raw file for the tweaks.

I like it. What did you use? Aperature? Photoshop? I should send you the High Res Raw file for the tweaks.

Nothing exotic, just old Elements 4 and 1 called Picture Window Pro. Adjusted light levels (lightened the shadows and darkened the highlights a little)in Elements, bumped up the saturation a little and unmask sharpen (2 pixel radius and a 5 on threshold) in PWP, that's it.