banshee motor

uscduner

depending on your type of riding.. depends on what mods you want.. lots of topend for pullin up dunes fast.. get some t-5's. dune port. and some bigger carbs and get a coolhead with some 21cc domes and advance ur timing +4 degrees with a advanced timing plate.. also.. do some gearing. instead of running the stock 41 on the rear.. go up one or 2. u'll lose some topspeed but u can pull dunes nice and easy.

proud owner of 5 banshees.. mild to wild.

Edited by WonderBoy

• 3 weeks later...
hey i am new to the atv scen i have a banshee what kind of motor up grade would anyone recomend its has t5's ,cool head ,k&n what bang for the buck. THANKS

If I were starting all over, i'd dial in the suspension before i did any motor mods.... A good set of A-Arms, shocks, and axle....

Can't go fast if you cant control the bike.... just my 2 cents... :banghead::censored:

• 3 months later...

I agree on suspension mods & Banshees are in desperate need of upgrades in that area.

A piped Banshee on stock carbs & a few boltons can take you a long way!

I'd open up the airbox or remove it, go with some Uni foam or K&N filter/filters.

Shaved flywheel, shaved shift star, VF3 setup. all these things put together will make those T5's respond pretty good.

What compression and domes are you running? Might be able to lower those domes for more compression.

If I were starting all over, i'd dial in the suspension before i did any motor mods.... A good set of A-Arms, shocks, and axle....

Can't go fast if you cant control the bike.... just my 2 cents... :beercheers::beerpint:

Seriously.

This is probably the most overlooked thing ever.

hey i am new to the atv scen i have a banshee what kind of motor up grade would anyone recomend its has t5's ,cool head ,k&n what bang for the buck. THANKS

go to bansheehq.com/forums ... sign up and ask the pros.. these guys are cool as hell and know everything about banshees and i am also a member there :MBdance:

as for the question when i droped down a tooth on the front sproket it did wonders in the dunes and i have about the same mods as you not to mention its a really cheap fix so next i recomend that then some vforce reeds... hope this helped :laughoff: