MOTORCYCLE FLAG MOUNT ?

rcjunky3

so since i now have a :headbang: to ride in the dunes who makes flag monts for bikes i remember somebody had a mount that came off of the left side panel so you ended up with a shorty flag maybe it was pauly. i saw it when tims rail broke at the cleanup and they were headed back to camp. thanks for any help guys :laughoff:

thanks nick thats why i posted on ddr there are always helpfull and informative people on this site. i wonder if that mount would slip in behind my left number plate. i noticed that at the rear of the plate it bubbles out about the size of my finger and looks like a mount could slide in there. do you happen to know what they cost they didnt have any prices posted

I have found that a mount on the swingarm isn't the best place because the suspension beats the crap outta the flag and usually breaks. :headbang: My buddy and I fabbed up a mount out of some angle iron and put the mount on the left side of the bike where the seat ends and rear fender begins. It's been on there for about 8 years now and works great. :laughoff::laughoff: I'll post pics up when I get home.

Thats essentially the same thing the flick whip is pete except mounting oustide the fender instead of inside...

I had one of his prototypes didnt like the fit but then again it was a prototype and lots of people have gotten them and loved them...

Rcjunky when i first talked to him he was saying something about 30 bucks a whack or somewhere in that neighborhood..

as far as that "bubble" out of the side panel i went over to a buddies house and he has an 05 yz450f and his side panel is flush with the seat and rear fender. i wonder why they would do that for 06 maybe they guy at flick has it in with somebody at yamaha :laughing:

• 3 weeks later...

so since i now have a :shake: to ride in the dunes who makes flag monts for bikes i remember somebody had a mount that came off of the left side panel so you ended up with a shorty flag maybe it was pauly. i saw it when tims rail broke at the cleanup and they were headed back to camp. thanks for any help guys :thumbsdown:

i saw it when tims rail broke at the cleanup and they were headed back to camp. lol JUST HAD TO BRING UP MY CAR BREAKING dint ya? lol It actually went a whole weekend at coral without even a hickup. Woohoo. I think maybe ive gotten most of the bugs worked out of it. I KNOW I KNOW. OFF TOPIC!!!! :flipoff:

Edited by ORIGINALPIMP

off topic tim its ok i wasnt sure whos bike was out there at least that way somebody would know who it was. thanks for the info guys on the flag mount. i just got my sand tires so soon i will be ready to eat some sand on a :laughoff:

• 4 weeks later...

i saw it when tims rail broke at the cleanup and they were headed back to camp. lol JUST HAD TO BRING UP MY CAR BREAKING dint ya? lol It actually went a whole weekend at coral without even a hickup. Woohoo. I think maybe ive gotten most of the bugs worked out of it. I KNOW I KNOW. OFF TOPIC!!!! :dunno:

Thats not true OGP, u need a bigger turbo, derr :shake::dunno::dunno:

i cant get that guy to answer his phone

He's a punkass flatbiller who happend to use daddy's shop one day and borrow one of his daddy's cnc buddies and whip out a few mounts.. and they caught on...

well where else can i get one at?

They are all over the Sand Sports Super Show if you can wait till September. :thumb: Otherwise call Matt @ S&M Motorsports. He is on the Supporting Vendor list. :dunno: He can find you one or might even have one.

sweeeeet thanks pete

sorry the site on the link kinda sucks in my opinion. He didn't even put his number on the site anywhere! :thumb: Here is his number directly at the shop. Tell him DDR sent you and he will hook you up.

Matt @ S&M...702-565-4193