rivet style masterlinks

dunefreak

Is there any way to put this b*tch on without the tool or no?

I have the press tool, but not the rivet tool. Every RK o-ring chain I have ever put on has been a clip type. :thumb:

post-3-1235347934_thumb.jpg

I think your stuck... you need the tool. but if you dont want to buy one, its probably cheaper the have it done, I had to use the tool at Sam's for my last chain

yeah I figure I'll have to do it the right way and get the tool. Anyone have one I can use? I don't feel like pullin a hundred smackers out of my ayuss right now for a chain tool. :dope:

This is gayyy. lol

yeah but just think the money you'll save by not half :thumb: 'N it... and not having the chain go through your case :thumb:

Edited by Vegas250rr

yeah but just think the money you'll save by not half :booty: 'N it... and not having the chain go through your case :rockwoot:

Yeah I know. That isn't something I'm gonna chance with this bike. The chain has already broke on this thing a couple times (before I owned it) busting off the bosses on the case for the factory "case saver" bolts. :dope:

So if it breaks again that thin azz case might not hold up so well next time. :laughing:

Anyways, I plan on doing it right. In my experience, I've just always had the clip style masterlink chains and don't any any experience with this style.

So if anyone has the tool they are willing to lend, there's a 12 pk in it for ya. :beercheers:;)

yeah I figure I'll have to do it the right way and get the tool. Anyone have one I can use? I don't feel like pullin a hundred smackers out of my ayuss right now for a chain tool. :rockwoot:

This is gayyy. lol

You probably could get someone to pay you $100 just to watch you try to "pull a hundred smackers out of your ayuss"! :beercheers: would that be a cumulative pull or 1 smacker at a time? (I hope this is half as funny tomorrow as it seemed 5 minutes ago)

vice grip in between the pins, a blunt center punch then a hammer, don't force it, get a bigger hammer :laughing: Seriously I fixed 2 chains on a forklift that way and last I knew was still holding. But not nearly as much fun as pullin those smackers! Dang .... stop that!

You probably could get someone to pay you $100 just to watch you try to "pull a hundred smackers out of your ayuss"! :beercheers: would that be a cumulative pull or 1 smacker at a time? (I hope this is half as funny tomorrow as it seemed 5 minutes ago)

vice grip in between the pins, a blunt center punch then a hammer, don't force it, get a bigger hammer :booty: Seriously I fixed 2 chains on a forklift that way and last I knew was still holding. But not nearly as much fun as pullin those smackers! Dang .... stop that!

:atc: :rockwoot::laughing:

So what's wrong with a regular masterlink = to the quality of the chain? I always thought the "endless" chain was like a maintenence free battery, really is maintence prohibitive with the top glued on. Off topic but I discovered what "spot free rinse" means visiting my brother when he lived in Vegas, the spots are free, you don't have to pay for them.

Pete if thats for the raptor i have an extra CLIP style brand new sitting on my shelf at home!!

I have never seen a master link break... and i have seen quite a few broken chains.. I would use the clip style and call it good.

So what's wrong with a regular masterlink = to the quality of the chain? I always thought the "endless" chain was like a maintenence free battery, really is maintence prohibitive with the top glued on. Off topic but I discovered what "spot free rinse" means visiting my brother when he lived in Vegas, the spots are free, you don't have to pay for them.

:beerpint:

Hey Pete, here's a special icon fer ya :beerpint:post-1632-1235423090_thumb.gif

:beercheers:

Pete if thats for the raptor i have an extra CLIP style brand new sitting on my shelf at home!!

I have never seen a master link break... and i have seen quite a few broken chains.. I would use the clip style and call it good.

If it's for an o-ring 520 chain...I'll take it. :D

it came with a masterlink the rivet style.. RK must be swapping them out for the rivet style because the last 2 or 3 of those i bought came with the clips.. The 530 and 520 i bought for freak both came with rivet styles..