Championship Off Road Racing (CORR) is back

RUn2it

CORR racing renamed Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series is back. There are 12 races scheduled, six weekends with racing Satuday and Sunday. The inaugural race is April 4th & 5th at the "Pimm Valley Motorsports Complex" (behind Buffalo Bills) Adult admission is $30 each day or $50 for both Saturday and Sunday races AND includes admission on Friday for qualifying. It should be the same CORR style event, most of the CORR competition and administrative directors have the same positions in the new series. There's scheduled races at Speedworld Motorsports Park in Wittman Az and at Kal Gard Motorsports Complex in Lake Elsinore Ca. Lucas Oil and Jim Baldwin (CORR) are in talks to include racing at the "Quarry" in Chula Vista. No online ticket sales yet, onsite only and grandstands are all general admission currently. For more info http://lucasoiloffroad.com/

These are from Primm 5-17/18-2008

Josh passing Renezeder in the air 1st lap

V

post-1632-1236697118_thumb.jpg

Renezeder hammering McGrath

V

post-1632-1236698515_thumb.jpg

2 frames of Huseman's double front flip

V

post-1632-1236699152_thumb.jpg

Wild Man Adrian Cienni, never letting of the gas went straight up the fence, snagged it, rotated left as shown hit the ground and was still in 1st

V

post-1632-1236700265_thumb.jpg

I added the youtube link for Husemans double front flip, check it out

Edited by RUn2it

:dope: That's awesome news Lee. Hell yeah.

If I get my lens before that race I'd love to come shoot with you if that's possible. :finger: :dance: Otherwise I'm gonna try and make it out there anyways.

So what's it called now? LOORR? :think:

:dope: That's awesome news Lee. Hell yeah.

If I get my lens before that race I'd love to come shoot with you if that's possible. :finger: :dance: Otherwise I'm gonna try and make it out there anyways.

So what's it called now? LOORR? :think:

Exactly what I thought, always thought CORR should be COORs. Now I need to finagle media credentials so I have carte blanche at the races like how Jim Baldwin set me up at CORR. Wonder if there's any crazy Lucas relatives racing now...... :finger:

Exactly what I thought, always thought CORR should be COORs. Now I need to finagle media credentials so I have carte blanche at the races like how Jim Baldwin set me up at CORR. Wonder if there's any crazy Lucas relatives racing now...... :dance:

I bet if you talk to Jamie Fagen, she could point you in the right direction...

I bet if you talk to Jamie Fagen, she could point you in the right direction...

I'm with Chet Huffman Motorsports (Jerry Whelchel '08 #1 Pro 2 truck)so can work it that way, just was easy with CORR cause Jim Baldwin made a call and told media relations I was coming over and give me whatever I want, so Tier 1, free entry from Wednesday-Sun, on track, in skyboxes, anywhere, a team member gets in the gate but the other stuff is $. The Media director for this series is Poppy, what does J Fagen do now?

I added the youtube link for Husemans double front flip, check it out

Edited by RUn2it

• 3 weeks later...

why wouldnt they use the corr track next to buffalo bills?

That's right Pete, right there..... should be some good pics. The sun kinda stays to your back from AM (over right shoulder) to mid afternoon, so later in the afternoon go as far left (looking at the track) as possible. The administrative director said they only rented 4000 person capacity grandstands this time and no media skybox either so we might need to team up so 1 of us is sure to have the top row on the left when the Pro races start.

That's right Pete, right there..... should be some good pics. The sun kinda stays to your back from AM (over right shoulder) to mid afternoon, so later in the afternoon go as far left (looking at the track) as possible. The administrative director said they only rented 4000 person capacity grandstands this time and no media skybox either so we might need to team up so 1 of us is sure to have the top row on the left when the Pro races start.

OK cool. I'm looking forward to it. I might only be able to go Sunday though. It depends on if I get my Saturday covered at work.

OK cool. I'm looking forward to it. I might only be able to go Sunday though. It depends on if I get my Saturday covered at work.

The Pro 2&4 races are scheduled at and after 3:30 Satuday so if you R n 2 it ...... :laughing:

ok. thats not behind whiskey petes. i have never been behind whiskey petes but did see some motorcycle race going on there not to long ago.

oops, lol, wondered why you said that, must have been late when I posted. :clown:

The Pro 2&4 races are scheduled at and after 3:30 Satuday so if you R n 2 it ...... :bump:

OK cool. That works out well then. I might have Saturday covered anyways, but Anna & I have plans late Fri night so I will probably get out there Saturday early afternoon. I might bring the hauler and stay through Sunday. What did you say the RV parking arrangements were, Lee? I forgot.

OK cool. That works out well then. I might have Saturday covered anyways, but Anna & I have plans late Fri night so I will probably get out there Saturday early afternoon. I might bring the hauler and stay through Sunday. What did you say the RV parking arrangements were, Lee? I forgot.

The Last 2 years I just parked next to Buffalo Bills between the track and the frontage road that parallels the freeway. It was used as overflow parking for competitors too. There's no paid RV parking there this time either so probably no change from prior years.