Front Tire recommendation please : )

KrazeeMyke

O.K. I ride a 400lb Duel Sport 650cc KLR. When I hit deep sand, my front end wants to slide out and I am no longer going straight. the sand pushes the bike. If I ride sitting on my tank, this helps me keep a straight line. I am running a Contenentail tkc80 fron tire. good nobbie. I want to take my bike to Dumont, Getting a rear paddle, no problem. I am looking for feed back from DDR on front tires. What suggestion would you have for this top heavy beast. ?? Thanks : ) :laughing:

post-3905-1240763824_thumb.jpg

Hey Mike wassup!

No matter what front tire you have that thing is gonna wanna sink at the sight of sand :lol: , BUT you can try putting a ribbed front tire on there if you are trailering it there. I run one on my YZ and it works great.

sorry this is the only pic I can find of mine

normal_S2010059~8.JPG

BTW, we gotta hook up for some desert rides soon!

Hey Mike wassup!

No matter what front tire you have that thing is gonna wanna sink at the sight of sand :lol: , BUT you can try putting a ribbed front tire on there if you are trailering it there. I run one on my YZ and it works great.

sorry this is the only pic I can find of mine

normal_S2010059~8.JPG

BTW, we gotta hook up for some desert rides soon!

:watching: goddamn shack....when was the pic taken? thats the busiest ive ever seen D

Thanks for the advise guys. Lean back and pin it !! hahaah.,. Hell yeah. makes turning kinda hard.. hahaha. Nice YZ !! I know the KLR is not designed for dunes. But neither was my Dodge Ram and I climbed Comp with it : ) !! hahaha.. nothing like running 8psi in my tires and letting the Turbo Cummins do all the work : ) !! hahaha.. I'll look into the tire. thnx :rockwoot:

• 3 weeks later...

lean back and pin it!!!!

:mc: O.K. So, today I rode threw APEX . lots of new sand from the winds. I took the advice on leaning back and hitting the fuel !!! I must say, Much better handling then sitting on the tank.. Only down fall was speed... Once I "plained" it was great... but f*cking fast too !! haha.. It added a good ruch to the whoops and razor backs :) hahaha..

Thanks for the tip.

:mc: O.K. So, today I rode threw APEX . lots of new sand from the winds. I took the advice on leaning back and hitting the fuel !!! I must say, Much better handling then sitting on the tank.. Only down fall was speed... Once I "plained" it was great... but f*cking fast too !! haha.. It added a good ruch to the whoops and razor backs :) hahaha..

Thanks for the tip.

When you put a paddle on it the traction helps keep the front light so that will help too

i also ride a dual sport (xr650L) and the only think that helps in sand is to lean back and pin it.. also try not to super grip the bars.. controll your bike. dont let it controll you!

but honestly the only 650 that does good in sand is the xr650r because its alot lighter and quicker (also got one of those haha)

:mc:

no problem mang.. I gotta get some parts for my xr and ill be down for a early morning trip.. cant dual sport it out there yet but i wouldnt mind meeting up to ride with some of you big bike folk :D