Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

If I'm selling a quad from Las Vegas to someone in California, what paper work do I need to give him so he can register it in California? All I have is the Bill of Sale but I'm not sure if that would be enough.

Posted

i kinda had the same thing, but in reverse. Bought it in Cali., and sold it here. Didnt have a title cuz of being a NV resisdent, i thought i had one, tore my files all apart trying to find it, but never got one. Even called the CA dmv to see if a title was ever produced, but nope.

Posted

California will require the title of the bike or a certificate of origin. A bill of sale will also be required. Once the quad is brought to cali, the DMV will do a VIN verification. Once thats done, the quad should be issued a CA title and registration.

Posted

i kinda had the same thing, but in reverse. Bought it in Cali., and sold it here. Didnt have a title cuz of being a NV resisdent, i thought i had one, tore my files all apart trying to find it, but never got one. Even called the CA dmv to see if a title was ever produced, but nope.

Then what happen? I'm looking high and low for it and I can't seem to find it and I'm not even sure if I got one.

Posted

Did you pay cash for the bike from the dealer? If you took a loan on it the dealer sent the mso to the bank. The bank will send you the mso with a letter of pay off when the terms were satisfied.

Posted (edited)

Paid half in cash and took out a loan for the rest. Paid the whole thing off in about 8 months later.

Go to your local department of motor vehicles and apply for a duplicate title. Unless Nevada does not require titles for quads, then a bill of sale and certificate of origin should be ok.

Edited by SandBurro
Posted

Then what happen? I'm looking high and low for it and I can't seem to find it and I'm not even sure if I got one.

Nothin, i sold it , Cali said that since i live in Vegas, and we dont require them to be registered, i didnt need a title, just bill of sale from the dealership.

Posted

Nothin, i sold it , Cali said that since i live in Vegas, and we dont require them to be registered, i didnt need a title, just bill of sale from the dealership.

:laughoff::dunno:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...