Question about selling from vegas to cali.

kamu_sutra

If I'm selling a quad from Las Vegas to someone in California, what paper work do I need to give him so he can register it in California? All I have is the Bill of Sale but I'm not sure if that would be enough.

i kinda had the same thing, but in reverse. Bought it in Cali., and sold it here. Didnt have a title cuz of being a NV resisdent, i thought i had one, tore my files all apart trying to find it, but never got one. Even called the CA dmv to see if a title was ever produced, but nope.

California will require the title of the bike or a certificate of origin. A bill of sale will also be required. Once the quad is brought to cali, the DMV will do a VIN verification. Once thats done, the quad should be issued a CA title and registration.

i kinda had the same thing, but in reverse. Bought it in Cali., and sold it here. Didnt have a title cuz of being a NV resisdent, i thought i had one, tore my files all apart trying to find it, but never got one. Even called the CA dmv to see if a title was ever produced, but nope.

Then what happen? I'm looking high and low for it and I can't seem to find it and I'm not even sure if I got one.

Did you pay cash for the bike from the dealer? If you took a loan on it the dealer sent the mso to the bank. The bank will send you the mso with a letter of pay off when the terms were satisfied.

Paid half in cash and took out a loan for the rest. Paid the whole thing off in about 8 months later.

Go to your local department of motor vehicles and apply for a duplicate title. Unless Nevada does not require titles for quads, then a bill of sale and certificate of origin should be ok.

Edited by SandBurro

Then what happen? I'm looking high and low for it and I can't seem to find it and I'm not even sure if I got one.

Nothin, i sold it , Cali said that since i live in Vegas, and we dont require them to be registered, i didnt need a title, just bill of sale from the dealership.